Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #21
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey Jim, when I had a freshwatertank I went to a aquariumshop and bought paper with plants on it wich I put behind the aquarium. I think I still have it somewhere.
I don't know if something like this is available for a saltwatertank but when you make the freshwater one, this could be a realistic option (maybe switchable).
Many people have this paper behind their aquarium (better than a wall) do you want me to search a pic?

Hey cjmaddy, can you post a pic of your (old?) aquarium when you have one. Would like to see that

And digital Lungfish, I like your ideas, but I think Jim will not (but I can understand you if I'm right). But if he likes them I can try to make a backgroundpicture, full of plants (like this I put behind my aquarium). Think about it, just thoughts
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #22
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

They do make them. I had a photo behind my salt tank of the ocean reefs. It blended in well to give the overall appearance of the ocean. But I think those are personal preference things, and from what Jim has said I doubt that we will see anything like that.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:56 AM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, I have bought all of the background scenes available for aquariums. When used in the program, they make it seem like I'm going for the look of a real reef (or riverbed, or whatever), but not quite pulling it off because nothing in the background is moving.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #24
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Digital Lungfish said:
- Allow users to choose from 3-5 background images supplied by you Jim (images NOT requiring any 3D animation)

- Allow users to choose from ANY background image by browsing what's on their hard drive
Here comes the exploding mermaids and burping fish speech.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #25
cjmaddy
Registered

IXNAY,
Sorry, but that tank is long gone! I did post some pics on theFreshwater Aquarium Update thread, but you can't see the blue cloth ...... nice pic of the fireplace though!

I should stress that, in spite of all the ribbing I may give, - (and receive!) - I have the highest admiration for all who are forced to converse in English, when it isn't their mother tongue ..... There is no way I could post a message in someone else's language, - I have enough problems writing in my own!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 08:14 AM   #26
IXNAY
Green Frog

Ahh remember these shots addy, nice fireplace

So Jim, there will be no backgroundscenes?

Ehm and morgan, what does mermaids and burping mean?
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-06-2003, 08:50 AM   #27
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

When suggestions have been made earlier about opening up the MA (the screensaver formerly known as SSA ) fish format to have users create their own fish the standard reply has been that this would lead to people creating stuff like burping fish or mermaids – Something Jim (or me) isn't too keen on seeing. The idea of having users running the aquarium on top of a picture of Britney Spears or whatever might not be too appealing to mr. Sachs and thus the reference from Morgan.

/TT
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:22 AM   #28
feldon34
Forum Administrator

But that does not mean that Jim Sachs is the only artist who will ever produce fish for the Aquarium.

SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 announcement.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-06-2003 at 01:45 PM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #29
IXNAY
Green Frog

OK tiny, maybe some people don't want to see britney as background of the aquarium. But some would like to see it.

This problem can be solved if you make a realistic backgroundpicture (created by jim), or this changing colours as default. And for the "options"-menu you can make something to choose a background. Then everybody is satisfied I think!?

People wich like realistic backgrounds can put them in and people wich like garbage can put this as background.
Well if Jim doesn't want to see a screenshot of his aquarium with britney as background 3-5 background images supplied by Jim can be a good alternative.

Well let Jim decide if he like the ideas
SSMA 2.0 seems to be a step into the direction i like, hope Jim likes it too
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #30
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

3-5 backgrounds created by Jim D. Sachs? Are you joking? This will shift the coming freshwater screensaver by at least 6 month!!!

Quality takes time.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #31
IXNAY
Green Frog

That was digital lungfishs idea *points with finger on him*
Maybe one background by Jim and more to follow, maybe user made. I would try really hard
IXNAY

- My Private Homepage -
Old 03-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #32
snorkler
Registered

Angry background color

I am a little late on this topic, but you can make it 50,000:3!! I also like the "muddy green" It looks almost exactly like 10 feet deep in a clear lake. Salt water is too clear to show much color in shallow water.
Add my vote for changeable background- always had one in my freshwater tank. Usually home made.
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive