Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 06-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
mtpalms
Registered

displaced bubbles

I was trying different preference settings in MA 2, in the hopes that I could alleviate the OS X 'Jaggies' somewhat (no luck tho). I did notice that when MA 2 App is open, the bubbles are left of center, when I activate the screen saver, the bubbles are right of center. Anybody else notice this anomaly?
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...=&threadid=955
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #3
mtpalms
Registered

Technically, I don't 'get it', but I changed my screen resolution to 1024 X 768, and sure enough, the screensaver mode showed the bubbles in the same spot as when running the App. Very interesting, Thanks for the link, feldon27.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:57 PM   #4
Michael Babin
Mac Development

What resolution were you using before you switched to 1024x768?
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:52 AM   #5
mtpalms
Registered

1152 X 768 is the default resolution on my G4 Ti PowerBook, and frankly, 1024 X 768 stretched looks crummy on it, so I switched it back (I think it's the unusual dimension of the Ti's 15" - not standard - but not letterbox size). I just wanted to see if changing resolution made the screen saver look like App mode. It did, and I was satisfied with the explanation for the 'anomally'. Jaggies are another matter. Maybe I should run the screeensaver in 1024 X 768 stretched or not - that may be the answer! ----->

Sigh. No. jaggies still there, and in 'stretched' resolution, everything's fuzzy, and the fish are kinda skinny. Back to 1152 X 768.

Power on guys, and uh, thanks for all the fish!
::nods to spirit of Doug Adams::
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive