Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #1
skyhawk
Registered

gradient background

The gradient background is all nice... but is there a way I can add my own background to MA?
skyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Michael Babin
Mac Development

No.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
skyhawk
Registered

*hangs head* nuts
skyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by skyhawk
*hangs head* nuts

It would be really nice though wouldn't it... I sure hope that some future version will allow more options with background colors or pictures etc. That sickly blue green background gets so old that most of the time I run mine with the background solid black, but some variety would be so wonderful!

I guess we will have a real 3-D live coral background within a few years which will be nice, but I fear that same color gradient will still be right behind it. I hope not!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

I plan on giving the user the ability to change the colors of the background gradient. After fiddling with every possible garish/ugly combination imaginable as I did, most will probably come back to the colors I chose.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 05:12 AM   #6
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
I plan on giving the user the ability to change the colors of the background gradient. After fiddling with every possible garish/ugly combination imaginable as I did, most will probably come back to the colors I chose.

That's fantastic news! I can't wait to fiddle! I'd like to try some ugly colors too, and I guarantee that I won't come back to blue. I've spent years riddiing my computer of all traces of blue in the OS and the icons etc.... not easy in Mac OSX either! I'm betting a deep dark rich emerald green would look neither ugly or garish and can't wait to give it a try! Any news on new product Jim? I don't have the time to surf the Windoze boards all the time to find out and nothing is ever reported here. Is there any news? My patience is tested by your program as never before! :-]
mrtew
Old 07-26-2003, 09:39 AM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've given Prolific permission to add this feature to the next minor update. Don't know when they have this planned.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
mrtew
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
I've given Prolific permission to add this feature to the next minor update. Don't know when they have this planned.

Sweet! I'll email them and tell them to release it this afternoon! :-] It may seem minor but it will actually be the biggest update ever to a lot of us! Except for a few new fish and a better control panel nothing much else has really changed except for bug fixes and the introduction of the Jaggies (yuck).
mrtew
Old 08-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #9
mrtew
Registered

How about it Jim?

So Jim (O'Connor) lets have it! I want the customizable colored background!!! Is it possible to do a quickie release or is that a big deal? It would really help in that long wait for the live coral and for 'jaggie' free Panther systems! Can you do it?
mrtew
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive