Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-06-2004, 04:24 AM   #21
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Personally I think it's a very nice homage to include a reference like that. Then there's the aspect of whether or not they asked for permission before doing it, of course. Do you want to be associated with mad scientists creating mutant monsters in the tropics?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:57 AM   #22
drfish
the Doc

I agreed with Tiny, the FarCry sighting must be included! If I hadn't seen DL's screen-shot first, I would have fallen out of my chair when I saw it in the game!
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, we'll include it.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #24
iMark
Registered

I was flipping among the channels one night, and the Home Shopping Network was selling a 30" High Definition LCD TV, and there was the Aquarium running full screen on it, most likely being fed from a desktop computer.
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:51 PM   #25
fishbowl
Cramped Quarters

Originally posted by iMark
I was flipping among the channels one night, and the Home Shopping Network was selling a 30" High Definition LCD TV, and there was the Aquarium running full screen on it, most likely being fed from a desktop computer.
Jim, I can verify that iMark did indeed see this, as I also saw them displaying this lcd with your Marine Aquarium running on it full screen. It was running from a PC (absolutely positive) because they were showing the desktop and promoting how clear the fonts where. This lcd had the capabilty of running 2 inputs simultaneously in split screen mode. They also viewed the SSA running in split screen mode. I believe it was the standard version and not the widescreen, but don't quote me on that!

I believe it was this lcd: http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default....attr=&ocm=sekw
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #26
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle
The latest issue of the Swedish edition of Mac World had a note and a link (along with a pic of Monstro) on GA. Perhaps I should scan it (along with a translating caption)?

/Tiny Switcher
Need to move this to the Mac GA thread, but I'd love to see what they wrote.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #27
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Jim O',
I don't see why we need to start a whole new thread in the Mac forum. Why not here? (M/M can of course move it should they deem it necessary.)

The small blurb about it was found in a column dubbed "Sex snabba" which translates into "Six fast ones" (yes, both six and sex are called "sex" in Swedish). The short text says:
"Goldfish Aquarium – a freshwater aquarium with pretty goldfish" + the link.

/Tiny Monstro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg macworldse.jpg (101.5 KB, 292 views)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #28
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Thanks Tiny!
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:07 AM   #29
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Yes, in Bridget Jones 2, it was the wide version that was shown.
Here's an actual screen capture from the flick.
Attached Images
File Type: gif bj2.gif (40.0 KB, 236 views)
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:12 AM   #30
Jim Sachs
Developer

Great shot, Pat. I wonder what I'm seeing in the background. Is it simply black, and we're seeing reflections in the monitor?
Jim Sachs
Old 12-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #31
Socrates
Sage

Originally posted by patscarr
Yes, in Bridget Jones 2, it was the wide version that was shown.
Here's an actual screen capture from the flick.
Isn't that still in the theatre? How did you capture it?
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:12 AM   #32
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Great shot, Pat. I wonder what I'm seeing in the background. Is it simply black, and we're seeing reflections in the monitor?
Yes, I think you're right Jim.

Originally posted by Socrates
Isn't that still in the theatre? How did you capture it?
Patrick
Old 12-30-2004, 04:57 AM   #33
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

PetTorrent?

Old 12-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #34
Derrek
Registered

funny how no one says one negative word about watching pirated movies but if you were talking about using a 'warez' version of the aquarium it would be off with thier heads
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #35
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I buy DVDs as soon as they're available of the movies I think I'll watch more than once.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:57 AM   #36
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I NEVER download movies off the net. If I got started I probably could get hooked, but apart from the illegality, the (lack of) quality is a big turnoff.

Derrek,
Yup, very funny.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #37
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Tiny, I am hooked. If there was a place on the net where you could download the latest movies, TV episodes, etc... while paying a low price, I would do it in a second.

Derrek, actually we have talked about how some of us used 'warez' versions of the aquarium in this thread, the How did you first find SereneScreen Aquarium? thread.
Patrick
Old 01-03-2005, 07:11 AM   #38
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yeah, but would you pay full price?

"I like this food so much that I steal it, but if I could buy it at a low price I would do so..."

I know that I'm barking up my own tree as I use some pirated software, but at least I feel bad for it.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #39
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

A movie theatre ticket here in S. Korea is about $5 U.S. dollars.
I can rent the latest DVDs for about $2 U.S. dollars.
If someone offered the latest TV episodes at a buck apiece (well, maybe less than a buck) or movies for $2, they would make a fortune from all the people willing to pay that, me included. Everyone likes a bargain.
Patrick

Last edited by patscarr; 01-03-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #40
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA at Cannes:

http://www.serenescreen.com/appearances/cannes.php
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive