Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-26-2003, 07:38 PM   #1
Vish
Registered

When?

So do we have any specific date for release?
I cann't wait...
--Vish
Vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
grape_jellyfish
Registered

Surly you have been around here long enough to know better than to ask that.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.

Last edited by grape_jellyfish; 03-27-2003 at 12:53 PM.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Quand il est fini.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
top_Cat
Registered

u know we never get an answer to that question.... but like you we all live in hope that the question will be answered!
top_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
Vish
Registered

Originally posted by top_Cat
u know we never get an answer to that question.... but like you we all live in hope that the question will be answered!

yes, I know. just wanted to throw it out there so that they know that somebody is waiting for it...
--Vish
Vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #6
EddieWan
JediMaster

I think the standard reply here is always "October" though we never specify which year.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!
EddieWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:43 AM   #7
IXNAY
Green Frog

Really October Eddie? Hey that's cool I thought it will come in Febuary
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:26 AM   #8
drfish
the Doc

Hey, ya never know, this isn't Jim's work... We did get a couple screenshots of this one. We were also told they were hoping for the first week of April... Seems to me October is out for sure...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:35 PM   #9
Gregw74
Registered

Cool Coming soon... needs to be defined

It's too bad you can't look up "coming soon..." in the dictionary and determine a time frame. It would be nice to know how this phrase is defined by Prolific and Jim. Does it mean 2weeks to a month? More than a month? When coming soon is advertised it would be nice if we could all equate it to an approximate time frame. I know it's trivial but I what can I say.

So, the definition of "coming soon" is......??

Thanks,
Greg
Gregw74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim thought the 3D Background would be released around October 2001.

There is no financial or legal advantage to announcing a release date.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 04-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #11
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

When coming soon is advertised it would be nice if we could all equate it to an approximate time frame. I know it's trivial but I what can I say.
Easier said than done. "Coming Soon" usually means the developer is coming close to a final version that they feel would be acceptible to the public and then it's just a matter of fine tuning and clean up until you get something that can be released to the public.

The down side is that all it takes is for one thing to go wrong in the code and it can affect "X" number of other things in the code and those can in turn affect other things and so on. It's kind of like building a house out of playing cards, as long as every one of them is placed right then the house will stand, but if just one of them slips out of place, it can take all the other cards down with it.

Granted, that's not always the reason that software is held up, there are any number of other reasons, but that's a pretty common one. Unfortunately that ends up throwing your projected release date back weeks or even months. Hopefully this sheds some light on why we don't always get what we want when we want it here on the forum.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 05:40 PM   #12
Franklin J. Flocks
Registered

And speaking of "When" - the serenescreen update page
still says that purchasers of the retail boxed version will
be getting key codes for MA 2.0 in the first week of April but it hasn't happened.
Franklin J. Flocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #13
Gregw74
Registered

Thanks Feldon and Digital Lungfish.

I totally agree and as a result I think they should do without such announcements.

It's humurous that coming soon is advertised but there's no clue as to when "soon" is. You'd think that the product would be stable enough before a statement like this is made.

I wasn't even asking for a date here, just a time frame. In fact, the only reason why I was asking was becuase of the cute little graphic announcing the "anticipated" release, otherwise there'd be no issue.

Maybe the goal was to add a little ooooh! aaaah! to the website, at least for a little while. It seemed to work.

We should all be thankful Jim never displayed the coming soon graphic for the 3D background 2 years ago. As a result, I'm sure we'd all have a severe case of Serenescreen Aquarium Rage Syndrom, (SARS). This must be the same SARS that is making people ill and causing deaths all around the world. Careful people.
Gregw74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:14 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Every time I start a project, I guess a time and add 50% to it. It still ends up taking 400% as long.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:14 PM   #15
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

It's humurous that coming soon is advertised but there's no clue as to when "soon" is. You'd think that the product would be stable enough before a statement like this is made.
Yeah I know, but unfortunately that's just how things are. I suppose they could wait until the same day that they have a stable version and then just drop it on the public, but that doesn't give anyone anything to look forward to. Besides, I honestly believe that would be FAR more frustrating for the public then how it's currently done. I'd rather have a "guestimate" than nothing at all.

Anyway, the wait and anticipation are half the fun, at least that's how I try to look at it. Well, except for those rare isntances when a company decides to cease development on a product for whatever the reason (publisher backs out, funding, etc.).
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm hearing Monday. And yes, I mean 3 days from now Monday.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:54 AM   #17
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Don't you love Mondays?

Why are you here reading this forum, you should be getting your free demo from www.LifeGlobe.com, or taking advantage of the low introductory price of $14.95.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows