Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #41
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Sorry, Cliff; I forgot to answer your question... The idea of letting people put their own background photos into a tank doesn't exactly appeal to the control-freak in me... but I'll think about it. I can see how fun it would be to all the other control-freaks out there...

Marian, I am planning to have more gravel possibilities soon. I may stay away from white, though, because isn't that the color Jim used for Marine Aquarium?

Also, Reichart: You really had me going there... until about the seventh typo in a row; even you couldn't type THAT randomly.

(P.S. I just realized that I'm guilty of a bit of false advertising... that picture of me is about five years old, at least. It was taken a few pounds and a couple hundred grey hairs ago. I'll try to get a newer one online. Meantime, that's how I still look to myself...)
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:44 PM   #42
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Unless I have missed one there are some 40 posts in this thread and some 704 views. No one has used the "WHEN" word.
Let me be so rude..... As one of the artists do you have any insight on "when" will we get some of these additions that have been promised (over and over).
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #43
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Ralph, we have "promised" nothing. By phrasing it this way, it is combative and accusational. We get feedback, and based on many factors work at a pace that suits our schedule.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:09 AM   #44
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Ralph sure use that "PROMISE" word a lot...

/Tiny Löfte
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:23 AM   #45
AKcrab
Registered

AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 05:10 AM   #46
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Yes, you are right Eric, Jim does have it in the Marine Aquarium, and it works very, very well there. But solid color gravel appeals to me the most. I know how they look in a real tank, where you have the advantage of viewing from different angles, as long as the color does not hide the beauty of the fish, and brown or orange would do that. I have always stays away from the rainbow color gravel, make me think of ‘pute’ when I see it, sorry to be so graphic, but a two tone gravel of the same color works well I think. Just a thought,
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:42 AM   #47
edaniels

Marian: I was also thinking of trying a more zen-like setting, with just black river rock. What do you think?

Ralph: Please keep in mind that there is actually only one artist working on this product, except when I'm schizophrenic. And this stuff doesn't happen quickly. But also, don't worry about pressuring me; after decades in the movie industry, I think I'm immune to it.

Just ask Reichart...
Old 03-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #48
Marian Nichols
~Author~

That could do it. I like the black in my goldfish tank almost as well as the white. I say go for it.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:04 PM   #49
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Reichart
Ralph, we have "promised" nothing. By phrasing it this way, it is combative and accusational. We get feedback, and based on many factors work at a pace that suits our schedule.
You guys are quick to make a product that you can sell. No problem there, it is a business after all.. But in the build up leading to the "sale" there are lots of promises both real and implied about extra features coming SOON. One such "promise" was back in 09-30-2003 when you (Reichart) responded with
1. Q: With version 1.0 of the GA about to be released what "new" features will make it a "must do" upgrade.
A: Well…
More fish.
Fish that do more interesting things (like feeding)
More tanks, and plants, and objects.
Toys (things that have bubbles).

Then in the first part of Jan 2004
Originally posted by Reichart
Holidays tend to be a slow time for us, we push everyone to spend time with their families, but:
Sharks is very very close. Working on one last annoying bug.
MAL: A new version of MA that allows people to make their own logos is being worked on.
GA: New fish, and new background is being worked on. Don’t have a date. But I would guess end of Jan.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:06 AM   #50
edaniels

Ralph, I think I can help clarify this. The reason Reichart can't accurately predict when there will be new features is that we artists are a wild, uncontrollable bunch. Just when we say we'll have something done by a certain date, the "muse" just ups and leaves us. Every single promise (prediction, whatever you want to call it) that Reichart has made about GA was based on information I gave him. It was information I believed at the time. And I convinced him of it. But it wasn't correct.

I think he's being protective of me when he says we're working "at a pace that suits our schedule." The truth is, he's pushing me (though nicely) every day to accomplish what you want, and if I were more reliable, you'd have it by now.

But thanks very much for the compliment; I'd much rather create a slow trickle of things that are eagerly anticipated than a flood that no one wants!
Old 03-18-2004, 05:27 AM   #51
Marian Nichols
~Author~

we artists are a wild, uncontrollable bunch. Just when we say we'll have something done by a certain date, the "muse" just ups and leaves us.
. I can relate to that one, there will be days that I won't write on my book, it has got to be at a time when I am feeling inspire or have an idea that I must get down on paper, or in the computer. But I do not have eager patrons waiting on me. I am able to go at my own leisure. But I think I produce a better, more descriptive and imaginative story this way and one day maybe I’ll even get publish.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #52
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Fair enough...... but you (and Jim S) have a large and waiting following that gets increasingly impatient.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #53
Wizwad
Only me...

So no pressure there then.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #54
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: You guys are quick to make a product that you can sell.
A: Thank you. And I thought we were slow.

2. Q: But in the build up leading to the "sale" there are lots of promises both real and implied about extra features coming SOON. One such "promise" was back in 09-30-2003 when you (Reichart) responded with

A: No sir, this is not a promise, this is a statement of examples of reasons people would upgrade from 1.0 to something new. All of these things are in fact being worked on, but there is nothing in here about time frame. Nor can there be (as Eric points out). Please leave your attorneys hat at the door.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:16 AM   #55
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I hope I don't have to put a stupid banner "All posts by Jim Sachs, Reichart, Edgar, Schnaaps, edaniels, feldon28, etc. may contain forward-looking statements which may or may not reflect an existing or future product."
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #56
klyntun

Maybe members should accept or decline an agreement to not badger the artists beyond what they can reasonably bear (except Reichart ).
Old 03-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #57
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

True, I can bear anything, but I find those that play with me often get broken. Had that problem as a kid too.

And Feldon, yes, a warning banner ( done in the style of teh waring label on a lazer) might be useful.

LOL
Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 PM   #58
edaniels

I maybe Clint meant that the forum members shouldn't badger the artists, but that it's okay for Reichart to badger us.

(Hmmm.... badgers... another idea for a screensaver?)
Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 PM   #59
edaniels

Make that "I think maybe..."
Old 03-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #60
klyntun

Very diplomatic of you, Eric, but no. I meant that we should all badger Reichart because I know he likes it. Otherwise he might feel left out. Besides, he always has such snappy come backs.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows