Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-01-2004, 03:31 AM   #1
wimplefish
Registered

Angry What are your favourite GA fishies?

Mine are Cali and Oreo.
"Who hears the fish when they cry?"

FISHBOWLS ARE EVIL!

wimplefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Henning
Registered

Mine are Ginger and Oreo

Happy swimming
Henning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #3
klyntun

The five that I usually have in my tank are Oreo, Algernon, Ginger, Jack, and Morgan.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
Falz
Registered

Ginger and Freida!

I think Ginger is just about everyone's favourite. It just looks so cool! But I love Freida even though it's the smallest and probably the plainest, just because it's cute and small and has a nice swimming style.
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #5
klyntun

If Freida was closer to the size of my favourite five, I'd have her in the tank most of the time too. Or if three Freidas counted as one selection. >>hint hint Eric and Reichart<<
Old 05-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #6
wimplefish
Registered

Ginger is nice, but I would definitely pick Oreo over Ginger. Same with Monstro. I think Freida is too small and Moby has such an ugly face.
"Who hears the fish when they cry?"

FISHBOWLS ARE EVIL!

wimplefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
Panthera
Hygenius

My favorite fish are Monstro and Cali. Those are the only two I have in my tank.. well 3 Monstro and 2 Cali.
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:03 AM   #8
Marsh Marigold
Still Folding

Oreo, Cali, Jack, Minnie, & Morgan. Frieda is cute but I wish her tail was more in proportion.

I'm in the minority - I don't care for Ginger. Her tail is horrible. She would be my favorite if she didn't have that crunched-looking curve in her tail, it makes me think she's been kept in a too-small tank and couldn't spread out and grow properly.

This in no way detracts from my enjoyment of this so very excellent saver, GREAT WORK!

I am very interested in seeing the new goldfish hinted at earlier...
Marsh Marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #9
FishieLova
Registered

Embarassed

I have two tanks. One is 7litre tank and the other is a 4litre tank. Midgey (my fish) is in the small tank because it ripped Harry's (my lil bro's fish) fin and tail in half. Poor harry now has half a tail and half a fin. I put my fishie alone. Harry is with Ticklez (my other lil bro's fish) in the 7litre tank. They seem happy. They're all very cute. As soon as I find my digital camera I'm going to print out photos of them and stick em everywhere!! That's how proud i am!! But I have a question, when fishie go to the top and suck in bubbles, does it mean they need more oxygen in their water?
FishieLova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:16 AM   #10
FishieLova
Registered

I've been reading your replies. It isn't very fair to judge a fish by it's face or tail or whatever. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on your fish, I'm just giving you my opinion but as you know, Harry has half a tail...I still love him to bits even tho he's not mine!
Fish are cute, so much they make the sharks puke, you can say they're awfully jealous, but as you know fishies are always rebellious!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:30 AM   #11
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

erm, you do realize that we are not talking about real fish? These are in a screensaver.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:33 AM   #12
FishieLova
Registered

haha! Told you I'm new! I think...Yea anyway I'm new. I found this website on google and I thought you were al talking bout real fish. I found this website while i was searching for solutions for my fishie problem. My apologies!
Fish are cute, so much they make the sharks puke, you can say they're awfully jealous, but as you know fishies are always rebellious!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:38 AM   #13
drfish
the Doc

Many of us here are able to give good advice about real fish, most of us however are better suited to dealing with electronic ones.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:56 AM   #14
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Originally posted by FishieLova
I have two tanks. One is 7litre tank and the other is a 4litre tank. Midgey (my fish) is in the small tank because it ripped Harry's (my lil bro's fish) fin and tail in half. Poor harry now has half a tail and half a fin. I put my fishie alone. Harry is with Ticklez (my other lil bro's fish) in the 7litre tank. They seem happy. They're all very cute. As soon as I find my digital camera I'm going to print out photos of them and stick em everywhere!! That's how proud i am!! But I have a question, when fishie go to the top and suck in bubbles, does it mean they need more oxygen in their water?
,Welcome to the forum,
When ever you see fish, except for the betas and gourami, hanging at the surface they are definitely in stress from lack of oxygen in the lower region of the tank. They are sucking in air along with the water to oxygenate the water before it passes over the gills. An immediate partial water change is most likely needed, and then provides extra aeration with an air stone. If it is goldfish, do not use a heater in the tank, goldfish are coldwater fish and warm water does not hold as much oxygen as will cold water. Hope this helps.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:38 AM   #15
FishieLova
Registered

Thanks ALOT. It did help. My mum said the same thing!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #16
fishcube
Registered

How about having some different species of goldfish? such as one with out the butterfly tails. Such as comets. how about some orandas?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:11 PM   #17
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Frieda is a comet, no?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #18
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Yes, Frieda is a comet.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:57 PM   #19
fishcube
Registered

Frieda looks like 3 fin tail to me..but I'm looking at the pics online, since I'm trying out the demo.
Sharonkay
---
Thanks for the new Widescreen Goldfish 2.0 !!!
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #20
Marian Nichols
~Author~

A three-fin tail, I don't quite follow you.

It is a single tail, or caudal fin that is deeply fork. That is the trademark of a comet goldfish, with a slim body.

There is no doubling of fins as are in the fantail goldfish.
The comet can be very beautiful especially should you fine one with very long and flowing fins from the tail to the body fins. They are very hardy and do great in outside ponds.

They come in the same variety of colors as your more fancy goldfish.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows