Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-26-2005, 05:34 AM   #301
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Hi EP! Long time no see. Lurking?
Did you mean the web page or the triple monitor setup?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:27 AM   #302
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Everything

Use dual at home (triple if I go for the tv as well!), but have yet to run the aquarium on it, wonder how that will cope... as I don't tend to use it as a stretched display
Electronic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #303
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Thanks
Probably swearing in church here, but competitor AquaGarden runs on three displays...

/Tiny Single (No Space Left)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #304
drfish
the Doc

...if you have a single card that can power 3 displays in span mode by itself... *grumble*
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #305
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

I have a 7800 GTX SLI setup so could really have 4 spanning
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #306
drfish
the Doc

No, I don't think you can, I'm 99% sure that even with SLI you're limited to two seperate horizantal spans, to cross all four monitors.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #307
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Ah, ze plot thickens!

– You tell 'im, EP!

/Tiny Standoff

Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #308
johnblommers
The Architect

Show me

Originally posted by Electronic Punk:
I have a 7800 GTX SLI setup so could really have 4 spanning  
A screen shot would go a long way towards crossing that void between theory and practice.

I want to believe, but you see how it is
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #309
drfish
the Doc

I'll let you know soon...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #310
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Doc, your link just takes one to the login screen... I'm almost sure that's not where you want to take us...

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #311
drfish
the Doc

Huh, works for me, check out the last post in the "my upgrade" thread...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #312
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Your link starts with http://feldoncentral.com/...
The rest of us are using https://www.feldoncentral.com/...

Wonder if there is a directive I can use to fix it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #313
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Originally posted by johnblommers:
A screen shot would go a long way towards crossing that void between theory and practice.

I want to believe, but you see how it is  
Ok in a sense you got me. SLI can only infact use one display, something I only discovered after getting it all setup, so I actually only ever used 1 card most of the time, now I have switched to using the primary output on both graphics cards, makes me feel I am wasting less money a little. There is a new change in the Rel80 drivers which allows SLI switching on and off without a reboot which is great.

The way I am currently running things is displays 1 and 2, and then display 3 is a clone of display 1, very effective:

Apologies for the graphic images ;D but I really need to redecorate and that would involve moving alot of gear out of that room, something I just don't have time for!

I can also have the plasma act as an additional display of course, all running at the non-native resoltion of 1280x1024, if I had a fourth or even room for a fourth I could add another display. So currently I have a desktop resolution of 3840x1280 I could if I got anotehr display ideally go for 5120x1024 (which would be nuts)

I really don't know what I would do without my second desktop, or the display of my desktop on the secondary monitor to be more exact.

I use Zoom Player from www.inmatrix.com and its quite interesting to be able to drag something from my desktop and throw it up on to my plasma, using the nvidia purevideo decoders, the visual quality is quite superb.

To move vaguly back on topic, I lost my licence to the Aquarium, changed my email, credit card and address, so will be buying a new copy tonight - just seems easier and will see how many displays I can get it up on

The widescreen version was merged with the standard eventually wasn't it? I don't think I have the standalone widescreen version anymore! Might even get the logo version so I can pimp OSNN a bit in there
Old 11-07-2005, 09:50 AM   #314
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

It was merged into the regular version, but I think the logo version is still 4:3 (so don't get that one ).

Old 11-08-2005, 07:14 AM   #315
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Purchased, only had it running on the one monitor last night as I prefer the multiple monitors method, where your taskbar only appears on the primary display, I guess in order to get this on three screens I would have to enable the mode where the start bar goes right across?

Will try and give it a go tonight
Busy man at the moment tho
Old 11-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #316
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Marine Aquarium 2 MD (Multi-Display) works on multiple independant monitors. You may need to press the SPACE bar to bring up Settings and make sure each display is not set to [X] Blank. In my opinion, MA2MD should ask at startup on the first time

You seem to have more than one display connected to your computer.
(Run the Aquarium on the Primary Display)
(Run the Aquarium on All Displays)
(Advanced Settings)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #317
johnblommers
The Architect

Nice hardware

.....Apologies for the graphic images ;D but I really need to redecorate and that would involve moving alot of gear out of that room, something I just don't have time for!....
Nice graphics and nice hardware! You need apologize for nothing. Here is a photo I took a few years ago when somebody tried to tell me that it was not possible to have five monitors running at once

Warning. Monitors may seem closer than they appear

- john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5monitors.jpg (305.3 KB, 66 views)
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:19 AM   #318
Electronic Punk
Twisted Animator

Well I mean't the image between the monitors

Originally posted by feldon29:
Marine Aquarium 2 MD (Multi-Display) works on multiple independant monitors. You may need to press the SPACE bar to bring up Settings and make sure each display is not set to [X] Blank. In my opinion, MA2MD should ask at startup on the first time  
Don't remember seeing that setting, might be because its an NVIDIA setting that might be tricking windows, but I will double check.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #319
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Matrox has an interesting gizmo for multi-monitor use – perhaps you two could couple a couple of these with your SLI setups?

/Tiny Multi

Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #320
Socrates
Sage

This thread is out of control with the variety of tpics in it. I notice that the main board is pretty empty of new topics, it seems that that's mostly due to the fact that this one thread seems to have taken over for the whole main board.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive