Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-21-2002, 06:40 AM   #1
SunKing
Registered

Problems when trying to PURCHASE version 1.1

Is it just me - or has anyone else tried to purchase the new version? I've tried THREE times (using 2 different credit cards). Each time I click 'submit' after entering the credit card info I receive this message:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Select CountryID from fish.CountryID WHERE name = 'US'
** Script Error: Out of range or past end
** Where: do-boot
** Near: ref: first db-port
insstatement: {INSERT into Main ( Name, Email, Address, City, State, Zip, CountryID, RefID, ProdID, ProdTypeID, OrderNum, KeyCode, amount, apprCode, purchasedate, list, copies ,amountbilled) VALUES (}

I did email service@serenescreen last night about this error. I received a response from them this morning - and they told me just to try again (said the server might have timed out). My third attempt (this morning) also received a 'CGI ERROR'. This is very frustrating - I've never had so much trouble ordering anything on-line before.

If anoyone can help me with this problem I'd really appreciate it - email me at SunKing@houston.rr.com
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Please don't ask the forum users about this. This is a Prolific related problem. I think their servers are a bit 'stressed' at the moment.
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:08 AM   #3
SunKing
Registered

One reason I posted here was to see if any other people (forum users) had the same problem.

I would also think that Jim, who's worked so hard to get a quality product out the door, would be concerned that the server processing orders (PAYING customers - not just upgrades) has been down for over 12 hours.

...point me to the Prolific forum and I'll be happy to post there too.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:05 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

This has been a problem with Cardservice International since we started. We estimate that we lose about 30% of our sales from this type of error. We have checked with different companies, and as bad as CSI is, they are still one of the best.

Usually just going back later will allow the order to go through. Prolific is working on a routine that will buffer the contact between the customer and CSI. This program will gather the info from the user, then go off to pound away at CSI's door, letting the user know the progress. Errors will be translated to human-readable form, and if the program can't get in within a reasonable amount of time, it will offer to keep trying and email the Key Code when the transaction goes through.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
SunKing
Registered

Jim - thanks for the SUPER promt reply! I'm glad to hear I'm not just crazy (or had some problem specific to my PC).

30% OF SALES LOST?!?!?! I don't have any personal experience, but that seems VERY high - unacceptable IMHO.

FYI - I did verify on-line that neither of my credit cards have been charged (at this point) so that's good news. I guess I'll just try back later after some of the dust has settled.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #6
SunKing
Registered

Problem solved

Well - the 4th time was the charm. I was finally able to convince someone to take my money.

Got it up and running in seconds.... SU-WEEEEEET!!! Love it!

Thanks Jim - and everyone for their help, and patience listning to me gripe. BTW - it was well worth the frustration.

Old 02-21-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
Batnun
Registered

Same Problem !

The error:

Select CountryID from fish.CountryID WHERE name = 'IL'
** Script Error: Out of range or past end
** Where: do-boot
** Near: ref: first db-port
insstatement: {INSERT into Main ( Name, Email, Address, City, State, Zip, CountryID, RefID, ProdID, ProdTypeID, OrderNum, KeyCode, amount, apprCode, purchasedate, list, copies ,amountbilled) VALUES (}

However, I got this e-mail:

This transaction will appear as "PROLIFIC PUBLISHING, INC." on your credit card billing statement.

***** SALE *****

Time: Thu Feb 21 12:13:04 2002
Merchant: XXXXXX
Order ID: DELUXE-XXXXXXXXX

Card Number: XXXX...XXXX
Exp. Date: XX/XXXX

Amount: $21.95
Approval Code: X:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX:

What to do next ?

Batnun.
Batnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:58 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Send email to service@serenescreen.com .
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive