Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

Suggestion of slight alteration

I really admire Jim's work and by this suggestion i hope no offence is taken, i just see this as a way of just maybe enhancing an already amazing piece of work.

I've spotted a piece of rock at the forefront of the aquarium, its almost like an alcove, it seems to have an impression in the rock.

I think it would be amazing if this impression could be punched out altogether, maybe in a future version - providing the ability for fish to swim through the hole and behind the rock vice-versa.

I've uploaded a screenshot below and circled the area in red, hopefully to clearly highlight what i mean.

Also, a great bonus would be a dedicated screenshot button because it wouldnt let me do a 'print screen' in fullscreen - it just recorded a black rectangle, i had to go to 'windowed' mode, print screen it then remove my desktop background.

Regards,

Buzzin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3Screenshot.jpg (130.6 KB, 51 views)
BUZZIN_NICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
dwax
Registered

Thats a cave, where a crab can hide from the fish.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I think you are talking about the cave.... (eventually) this will be Jim's signature piece. He has plans to have "creatures" living in that cave..

Your "print-screen" button should have worked.. it captures whatever is on the screen at the moment and puts it in the clip board.. Then using any graphics program you can paste that image into it... Works well even with MS paint... with the limitations MS Paint
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
BUZZIN_NICE
Registered

oh brilliant, even better! cant wait now... what a top idea lol.

thanks for informing me guys.

ralph thanks for the tip, i've done screencapture and tried pasting it in both ms publisher and also adobe fireworks which i tend to prefer for any graphics work, but all i'm getting is a black rectangle. anyone else get this?

regards,

buzzin
BUZZIN_NICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Adobe Fireworks captures my print screen just fine as do any of my programs Excel, Word, my email Seamonkey etc, just paste and in goes the contents of my clipboard.. ??? on my print screen button there is also "SysRq".. not sure what that does or how to toggle it. Perhaps on your system your print screen button is in the alternate state.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Buzzin - I don't think I've ever had anyone see the cave as a rock before. The depth is quite apparent when the scene is scrolled with the Left-Right/Arrow keys.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows