Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #41
MadBob
Guitar Man

I think I have even told Jim this I freely admit it to the software author when I register the product.

I couldn't possibly afford to pay for every piece of software I try out, I am always downloading stuff and trashing my system with it one day I may even actually get round to creating a decent back up most of it gets uninstalled and forgotten. I usually install something and forget about it for weeks, then when I rememeber to test it out it has died on me.
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #42
grape_jellyfish
Registered

Saturday I was flipping through channels at my brother's house and I noticed the Shopping network had a flat screen tv for sale and it was displaying the aquarium, it was kinda funny because the host was commenting more on it than the tv the guy was trying to sell.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #43
MattNW
Registered

I picked up a copy at Wall Mart in the discount software section (about five hours ago actually). Just purchased the upgrade to 2.01 a few minutes ago.

I'm a PC tech and I don't know how many computers I've fixed because someone has downloaded a freebie aquarium screensaver that's crammed their PC full of spyware and hijackers. I've always wanted one but from what I've seen there wasn't any except the malware types (sad part was that after they loaded you up with spyware the screensaver didn't work). Glad to finally find a legit one.
MattNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

Welcome to the Forum, MattNW.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:30 PM   #45
feldon34
Forum Administrator

MattNW,

Please encourage your friends to download the Aquarium straight from SereneScreen.com. That way more $ goes to the author and publisher!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:01 AM   #46
Ex_Brit
Geordie

Originally posted by MattNW
I picked up a copy at Wall Mart in the discount software section (about five hours ago actually). Just purchased the upgrade to 2.01 a few minutes ago.

I'm a PC tech and I don't know how many computers I've fixed because someone has downloaded a freebie aquarium screensaver that's crammed their PC full of spyware and hijackers. I've always wanted one but from what I've seen there wasn't any except the malware types (sad part was that after they loaded you up with spyware the screensaver didn't work). Glad to finally find a legit one.
I hear you! I tried some of those so-called free Aquarium screensavers out there only to find alarms going off for spyware etc.
After a search I found this absolute gem. Apart from a few flicker problems (now cured by updating drivers) I posted in another thread, I am very pleased with it.
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Last edited by Ex_Brit; 09-06-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Ex_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #47
Vobla
Banned

I've found it first time two years ago in LAN screensavers archive. And loved it .
Vobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #48
igohigh
Registered

While working at Sharp Electronics I was researching the competitor's equipment and saw HP giving away MOPY FISH with one of their printers (about 1996 I think), that lead me to the Virtual Tarantula by Global Beach (which BTW still LIVES on my PC!).
Not having any time to support my love for keeping Lion Fish (I traveled a lot then) I went on a search for a realistic aquarium for the PC. I found one, forget the name, at Fry's but it too required a LOT of work to keep the fish 'alive' and it didn't have a Lion Fish. Then I think it was Cnet or ZD-net (now one joined together) that I found Marine Aquarium. Not only was it realistic, and didn't require a lot of work to keep the fish alive, but it had a FANTASTICLY detailed Lion Fish!!
I played with the demo for a long time (about 2 or 3 years I think) before I saw it on someone's screen while working at Earthlink (just before they laid everyone off and sent our jobs overseas) and I noticed he had a Star Fish on his....? I asked how he got that? He said it was the registered version so I went looking for the site again and found it had moved to it's current home and purchased the full version. First and only screen saver I actually felt was worthy of paying money for. I don't really do 'screen savers' much as I make my own with Screen Saver Studio (Halloween 99; PCWorld's Editor's Pick of that year) but even that has become a rare event....But I LOVE my Marine Aquarium!!
And that's my story.
Vultures take the easy prey,
Hunters take the prize!
~The Jolly Rogers
igohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:32 AM   #49
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

Originally posted by igohigh
First and only screen saver I actually felt was worthy of paying money for.
Agreed!
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:59 PM   #50
davidiq
Registered

Let me see...I first found Marine Aquarium on Plus! XP and thought that there should be more fish in the screen saver. So I went to the website it lists and found that the full version had to be purchased

Being the bad person that I was I decided that I'd just use a version. I did that for a while until my concience bothered me enough to keep me up at night (and of course the constant entering of the hacked serial ). So I went and bought the screen saver and even went and bought the DVD version to complement it It's one of the best software purchases I've ever made.

I'm glad to be doing better in rehabilitation at HAA (Hacker's Annonymous Association) and giving those programmers out there the recognition they deserve

Now all I have to do is uninstall all those other screen savers that I downloaded that aren't worth even a quarter as much as MA2 even being free!
~David C.
"Time is the fire in which we burn" unless of course you use Marine Aquarium Time =)
davidiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive