Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 08-28-2023, 07:20 AM   #1
philosopher
Registered

Realized Something New

Maybe most Mac users of the aquarium already realized this, and I'm just catching up but in case you haven't noticed it:

I would have thought I already knew everything about this screen-saver's capabilities, but yesterday I was playing around and realized something that, in something like 20 years of use, I'd never noticed before!

On the Mac version each monitor gets its "own" aquarium. The fish even swim differently within each.

But I've always specifically selected my fish and turned off any random fish, which means each aquarium on each monitor has the same exact fish, but doing different things.

Yesterday for the first time I created a fish set with only random fish. And each aquarium in each monitor has different fish in it. This is REALLY nice for me because I have 5 monitors (including the laptop's screen) so I'm completely surrounded by "different" aquariums now.

Jim, all I can say is thank you for such a great gift that has held my interest for so many years!
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

That was actually Jim O'Connor who did that for the Mac version.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
philosopher
Registered

Jim(s)

Oh, yes I am aware Jim O'Connor must have had a hand in how that works.

I should have specified that my thank-you is to both of you!

Jim Sachs for the great artistry, concept, conversion to 3d, the aquarium in general.

And Jim O'Connor for a pretty seamless conversion and a handful of nifty feature additions for the Mac version.

It's a TRULY great product!
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo
"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X