Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #21
cjmaddy
Registered

Just wish the front and back lighting controls were separate.
I don't get that!

/Tiny confused
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:39 PM   #22
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by cjmaddy
The down side is, there is still a Lionfish unfixed bug! ........ But I can live with that!
There is no reason to run 1.1.6 unless you have a strange sound card. Please go back to 1.1.2 Wide.

Or use the fish picker by Mountainmaster to put the Lionfish in.

Or put the Lionfish in manually into the registry.

Tiny Turtle:
The background should be all black (or very, very dark blue). – Just wish the front and back lighting controls were separate.
Soon.

Jim, how come this minor (but requested since .99) feature cannot be implemented? I'm ok with the not entirely black front and back thing, but is there something else preventing this?
The settings panel still largely reflects the programming effort by Jim. Adding a button to the Settings panel and making it work was several hours of effort by Jim, who is not a programmer by trade.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by cjmaddy
Just wish the front and back lighting controls were separate.
I don't get that!

/Tiny confused
/Tiny Prototype (not an actual product/snapshot)
Attached Images
File Type: gif settingtest.gif (4.1 KB, 107 views)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #24
cjmaddy
Registered

Or use the fish picker by Mountainmaster to put the Lionfish in.
Or put the Lionfish in manually into the registry.
Thanks Morgan, but I have commented on this before:-
As regards ....
Could you put "LionFish" into the registry manually?
Unless I've misunderstood you, that's what the 1.1.6 'bug' is! - However the LionFish or Three-Stripe Damselfish is chosen, Settings Panel, Fish Picker, or manually in the registry, - they immediately revert to {RANDOM}
Please go back to 1.1.2 Wide.
I have a copy of AquariumV11-wide-0328.exe - I will try that!

Tiny, - Ah! .... You mean AUTO lighting controls!

/Tiny Why don't you say what you mean?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:48 PM   #25
Panthera
Hygenius

Woah... lots of confusing stuff I'm hearing.. Ok.. so whats this thing about putting the lionfish in the registry? Is that ONLY with the wide version??
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #26
Panthera
Hygenius

I don't know how you paste stuff here to comment on anothers comment.. so i had to leave and come back.. but ok..

RE: the comment about the front and back light controls seperate. WHATS that? What version is that in regards to.. and what exactly is the problem?
Old 03-26-2003, 09:13 PM   #27
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Panthera,

You can make the quote boxes by placing [ quote ] text here [ /quote ] directly in front of and behind the text you want to be highlighted. Just remove the spaces I placed inside the brackets, I had to do that to get it to print.

The comments about the lighting are about future plans for adjustments that are popular. Right now you can adjust the Foreground and Background lighting 2 ways, in the settings panel, or by pressing the arrow keys while the SS is running. There is an "Auto" setting also where the lighting will adjust itself at random. But, right now the auto makes both the Foreground and the Background vary. One request that has been asked for is to have an auto setting for each, That way you can lock the Background color to whatever you like the best and just the Foreground light will vary automatically, or vice versa.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #28
Panthera
Hygenius

Originally posted by Jav400
[b]Panthera,

You can make the quote boxes by placing [ quote ] text here [ /quote ] directly in front of and behind the text you want to be highlighted. Just remove the spaces I placed inside the brackets, I had to do that to get it to print.
AHh ok, I get it Thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 02:49 AM   #29
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Or even handier would be to click on the little blue "quote" button in a post to have the computer type up the [ quotes ] part for you.

/Tiny Tip
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:14 AM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Panthera
I don't know how you paste stuff here to comment on anothers comment.. so i had to leave and come back.. but ok..

RE: the comment about the front and back light controls seperate. WHATS that? What version is that in regards to.. and what exactly is the problem?
This is why I labeled it

/Tiny Prototype (not an actual product/snapshot)

because it is something we will see in a future version of the Aquarium. I made up that picture in Photoshop.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:18 AM   #31
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Panthera
Woah... lots of confusing stuff I'm hearing.. Ok.. so whats this thing about putting the lionfish in the registry? Is that ONLY with the wide version??
Panthera,

This is a pretty "techie" thread as far as different versions of the Aquarium, wide, regular, etc. Don't have to understand all of it. Heck, CJM knows more off the top of his head about some of these versions than I do.

For instance, there have been 8-9 versions of the Aquarium between the boxed version and MA2.0. But most people only saw 2 versions: 1.0 and 1.1.2.

1.1.3 fixed some sound problems. 1.1.6 fixed most other problems but introduced a bug in selecting the Lionfish manually. No fix was ever released in the 1.1.x line except for 1.1.7 which fixed the Lionfish (I think) but made dual monitor worse. Fixing DirectX problems is like that game where you try to hit the gophers with a foam rubber mallet.

I think the 1.1.6 issues affect both the regular and widescreen versions.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive