Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-24-2003, 04:11 PM   #1
Leviathan
Siamese Fighting Fish

How to chnage "Yellow Tang" Under name

Is there a way to change the "Yellow Tang" under my member name in my profile? Just wondering how some people have different things. TIA
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

<strike>Did you ask this before? I think I might've answered but it was a VERY busy thread so it got lost along the way. No prob...</strike>

You may change your user title if you have at least 10 posts here on the forum.

Click on My Settings at the top and go to Profile and scroll down to Custom User Text. Then under Options at the top, you can try out our new Blue Style Set.

Hopefully nobody abuses this.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-24-2003 at 06:49 PM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
Derrek
Registered

I asked before, but as you can see I haven't found anything to change it to yet.
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:21 PM   #4
Leviathan
Siamese Fighting Fish

I don't even see that option in the Profile screen. The "Yellow Tang" that I am reffering to is To the left of this post...right under my name...it says Yellow Tang, and in yours it says "Diplomat In Training"

How to I get to change that, cause I dont see the option you were talking about.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:28 PM   #5
Derrek
Registered

goto the top and click on "My Setting" then click on "edit profile" there you can change it to your liking
Old 03-24-2003, 06:00 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Scroll up to the huge forum banner at the top with all the buttons. My Settings is there.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-24-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
Leviathan
Siamese Fighting Fish

Yes I know where the settings is, what I am suggesting is that there is no place to change the "Yellow Tang" name, NOT the Avitar. According to the "Members" link, this sugnifies status, like the more posts you have, it will change. Is this correct, or is there a way to change it. PLEASE BE SPECIFIC

THanks
Old 03-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Derrek
Registered

Once under My Settings you need to click on "Edit Profile" then towards the bottom you will see:
Custom User Text:
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
You may enter up to 25 characters.
Check the reset box if you wish to use the the default title for your usergroup and post count.
HTML is not allowed.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #9
Leviathan
Siamese Fighting Fish

Cool

Originally posted by Derrek
Once under My Settings you need to click on "Edit Profile" then towards the bottom you will see:
Custom User Text:
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
You may enter up to 25 characters.
Check the reset box if you wish to use the the default title for your usergroup and post count.
HTML is not allowed.

I am not sure what is going on here, but everybody seems to be pointing me towards options that do not exist on my screen. I am logged in, and when I go up to my settings, there is nothing about Custom User Text. Also, when I go to the FAQs about changing statuts, nothing loads as the hyperlink does not point to anything. Feldon, is this for certain people only, or is there a way to change this.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I'm terribly sorry about this, I'd forgotten that it is set so that one must have 10 posts before they can change their User Text (Most forums actually have this set to 25!). Please PM me and I will set your title manually. Apologies for all the trouble.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:03 AM   #11
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

10 seems like a low number. If it was a little higher, it would give new members something to shoot for, and everyone else time to get to know them.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive