Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #121
EVERRET
Leopard Shark

10 Highscores

Angry MA 2.6

Originally posted by bugsymcd24:
I havn't yet been e-mailed a keycode for 2.6, but, when I went to the "Serene Screen" website and clicked on keycodes and submitted my e-mail address for lost keycodes, I got and e-mail with every program's keycode I purchased in the past and also in the list was the keycode for 2.6

I would suggest any one who hasn't gotten a keycode, who thinks they may get one, try this.  
Thanks for the tip bugsymcd24, It worked. I am not to sure about the clock yet, it's looks kinda artificial so far. I guess After 4+ years without it maybe I just need to try it out for a bit. I do have to say the extra fish look great, very realistic.
EVERRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #122
roseangel
Registered

I tried the "Lost Keycode" suggestion, but over 9 hours later I have not received any reply at all.

My email address has not changed since I first purchased MA in Jan 2001, so does this mean that I am not in their database?
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #123
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Well, we're coming out of the weekend on this part of the pond. Does this mean that internet companies don't get weekends off or regular business hours, they're expected to be open and operating 24/7?

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #124
roseangel
Registered

Originally posted by Surferminn:
Well, we're coming out of the weekend on this part of the pond. Does this mean that internet companies don't get weekends off or regular business hours, they're expected to be open and operating 24/7?  
I tend to forget that - it's late Monday afternoon here. However I would expect the "lost keycode" email to be automatic, particularly since the other people getting replies also asked at the weekend.
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #125
Jim Sachs
Developer

Many of the "lost keycode" problems will have to be handled manually. The support queue is currently about 130 cases.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:44 AM   #126
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Well, if the automatic part didn't work, then a manual response by a real person may not be forthcoming for another 12 hours or more since it's about 10:30ish PM Sunday evening over here right now.

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:19 AM   #127
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Bob,
Yes there was a "j". There was no "i" though (to not confuse it with an "1").
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #128
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Jav400:
It seems that all of Morgan's and my work on web pages is for naught. For those that keep asking here are shots of the fish.  
Yeah it's not like the Achilles Tang and Clearfin Lionfish have been in the Fish Guide on the fan website for 2 months.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #129
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Here is the latest...

Keycodes: We are still processing all the upgrade keycodes. This process just takes time. We have been generating a keycodes non stop since Friday afternoon. Our estimates are 65 to 108 hours depending upon server load.

Email: Once all the keycodes are generated, we will send out email to customers who requested email. We don't to this at the same time as the keycode generation becuase it would add still more time to this whole process.

Refunds: For people who purchased the upgrade for $9.95, we are going to be issuing refunds to $5.95. This is going to happen tomorrow. If you are eligible for a free keycode you will get a full refund.
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #130
Socrates
Sage

"we will send out email to customers who requested email"

I hate to even ask, but when was it we were supposed to have done that? Was it when we purchased or is it something we have to do now?

Sorry if the answer is obvious....
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #131
Schnaaps
prolificus penguinus

Hey Socrates...

When you purchase MA or any of our products, you need to check a box in order for us to send you email. We are an opt in email list, and even this causes some people to report us as SPAMMERS.

Best way to get your keycodes: http://www.serenescreen.com/support/regform.php
"Jim, no not THAT Jim but another of the same name"

JamesRathbun.com
Schnaaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #132
Overlord
Registered

I have a question is no big deal at the present, I'm just curious. Will the 3d screen version be 32bit color?
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #133
basser1
Registered

Hey bugsymcd24, I tried your method and..... Voila! my keycode for the new upgrade was there. Thanks again for the tip!
basser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #134
Derrek
Registered

I too tried the trick and got my keycode that way. Thanks for the tip.
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:24 PM   #135
GMarowski
Registered

Hey Schnaaps, quick question...

Who do I contact about a missing key code? I tried your suggestion following the link in your last post and the return email shows that I have purchased keycodes for Version 1.1, MATPC, and MA2UPGPC. But I also purchased version 99L a real long time ago, (Jan 20, 2001 to be exact), and it doesn't show on the Order Number & Registration Codes email?.

I still have all the data for the transaction, (order number, etc.) But I'd like to know who I contact to set the record straight.

Personally, I'm not interested in quivelling over $5.95 for the upgrade. I feel the product is worth every penny. But I'd like to set the record straight all the same.

Thanks for all the help and support you've given on this forum.

Glenn
GMarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #136
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

tiny....ty
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #137
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

jim..... your new fish are beautiful.....your art work seems to get better and better as you age......why not try a creature pac for this tank, i'm sure just about everyone would buy it....lol
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:57 AM   #138
Jim Sachs
Developer

Can't be done. The creatues need a 3D background to interact with.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #139
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by Overlord:
I have a question is no big deal at the present, I'm just curious. Will the 3d screen version be 32bit color?  
Yes. What part of the current background does in your opinion look ba due to lack of color-depth?

/Tiny Bits
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 AM   #140
iMark
Registered

"iMark - If you bought MA, Goldfish, and Sharks, then you are WAY over the $29.90 necessary to qualify for a free upgrade to MA2.6."

According to Auden R., the $29.90 in product purchases pertains ONLY to SERENESCREEN products and DOES NOT include LIFEGLOBE products ....the Goldfish 1 & 2, and/or the Sharks...so to get the free upgrade, you had to have purchased MA and MAT, pretty much what they said from the beginning...Like I said, if I had wanted it, I would have bought it, and the only path to the two new fish is still to purchase the upgrade....

and just for the record, my frustration isn't about a lousy $6 for the upgrade, it's about Prolific's lousy business practices....

Last edited by feldon34; 02-28-2006 at 08:32 AM.
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive