Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #81
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Nope. One to two fish would be better than one fish.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #82
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Maybe the answer is to make the smallest fish the always there fish, and then let people choose from one of the others.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:48 AM   #83
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by edaniels:
..... Wouldn't you feel somehow cheated if you were given the ability to double-up with some fish, but not others?  
No! ... 'Cos the number of fish you can keep in any aquarium/bowl is dependant on their size!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #84
bugsymcd24
PC Professional

Amen...

My daughter had a bowl similar to this, and she always had at least 2 fish in it...
I use to skinny dip, now I chunky dunk!
bugsymcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #85
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I like it just the way it is. And just my .02, It would be too many fish in that bowl with more then one fish.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #86
Lyndamax
Registered

I Like the Bonsai there are so many different shapes in trees and containers maybe it would be possible to have a couple available and users could change the tree when they changed the fish.
cheers
Lynda
Lyndamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #87
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Then again, the idea of an Bonsai is to look like a real tree only much smaller which makes 'em fascinating. When you insert a small tree there it doesn't look as "real" as you couldn't tell the scale properly. It'll just be a cut-in tree next to the tank. Think of ot like this. Wouldn't it be amazing (in real life) with a cat only a third of its regular size. I think it would be super cute. Now imagine inserting that cat sitting next to the bowl. The only thing achieved would be making the bowl and goldfish look thrice as big. No fun at all.

Picture Frame is better
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #88
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Turtle, that's a very good point. We might end up with what looks like a normal-sized tree next to a three-story fishbowl... with a volkswagen-sized goldfish swimming around in it!

If I do make it a picture frame, though, what format? Portrait, or landscape? I think landscape is more versatile, but... I'd like to take a vote.
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #89
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

I had to take a look at all of my pictures that I’d want to see used, and see what the average format was. And about 90% of them are Landscape. But I’m wondering if the Portrait format might look better in relation to the bowl.

Hey, I just saw something I never noticed before; that there’s a reflection on the vase! Nice touch.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #90
cjmaddy
Registered

No one could ever confuse a Bonsai growing in a shallow dish, - with a forest tree!!!

..... How will we know what size the picture frame is?

I vote Bonsai.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #91
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I'm in the middle on this one. I agree with Cliff that it would be difficult to mistake a Bonsai in a dish as anything other than what it is ( and I like those ), but at the same time I like the idea of the photo as well.

So is it time for some more options and check boxes in the settings menu?

__Bonsai
X Photo
__Portrait
X Landscape
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #92
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

I mean no disrespect for the artists, but I just had to get my own visual for a bonsai tree. I Googled a picture and stuck it on a screenshot. Here’s a quickie of what I came up with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bonsai2.jpg (166.1 KB, 110 views)
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 AM   #93
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Eric/Dan,
Landscape if I have to chose just one.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #94
edaniels

Aaagh! Look! It's a monster goldfish in a giant bowl next to a normal-sized tree sitting in a ceramic wading pool!

Aw, who'm I kidding? Cliff's right; there are plenty of visual clues as to the true size of things.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #95
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Volkswagen Beetle -- It makes your house look big.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #96
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

Since you are considering changing the tulip to something else in the next version, could you have a second option added to have no item next to the fish bowl also?
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #97
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Portrait. I think most of all the pictures on people's mantlepieces, pianos, and countertops, are portraits. Landscapes are for hanging on walls.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #98
Wizwad
Only me...

:chants: Bonsai, Bonsai, Bonsai :/chants:
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #99
Jim Sachs
Developer

Give the user the choice between portrait or landscape. Or just size the frame to fit whatever picture they load in. Or have a window with people, cars, trains, boats, airplanes, elephants, and everything else in the world visible outside, yeah, that's the ticket, bwaahhaaahhaaa!!!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #100
edaniels

Whoa, Jim... whaddaya, tryin' to KILL me!?

About the picture frame, though, I was wondering if anyone would suggest that its shape adapt to the picture itself... That seems like the most elegant solution, but it also would be the most challenging from an art standpoint. If I can make it work, that's the way I'll do it. Within limits, of course. If someone puts in an image that's 2048 pixels by 1 pixel, I'm not going to supply a frame to cover that case.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows