Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-04-2002, 12:28 AM   #1
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

Cool 3D background question

hello again,
i too am wondering about the fps being lowered by this new backround. i'm thinking my ME, 319ram, 5.5mbvid. might not to be able to handle this. i'm getting 42 fps in 8x6 res and 28-9 in10x7res in full screen mode. in half screen window i get much more. will i be able to run this new version with the 3D panning background ?
i use the wide v. mostly in windowed mode, will v1.1w work just as well on my sysyem?
thanks much.
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:14 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

What video card do you have?

You can pick up a GeForce 2 MX 32MB card for $50 now.

Back in January of 2001, we had a poll whether Jim should keep the Aquarium backwards-compatible with older video cards or push on with the upgrade.

An overwhelming 98% of 700 people participating in the poll said that Jim should proceed.

This poll was taken here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...s=&threadid=18

Alas, this topic was brought over from the old forum system at EZBoard so we can no longer participate. If there is a lot of requests, I could reinstate the poll using the new forum software and meld the statistics numbers.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 03-04-2002 at 01:18 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive