Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-21-2001, 11:06 AM   #1
Shinsa
Registered

Hardware Troubleshooters

I would like to see what other people have found on the internet to check their PC's.

Here is a list of sites that have good troubleshhoting and benchmarking programs and demos.

<h2> www.madonion.com </h2> -=> Benchmarking demos <=-

<h2> www.pcpitstop.com </h2> -=> Benchmarking, computer security check, and tells you your PC's weak spots. Pretty good site to go back to once in a while and see what your tweaking has affected.

<h2> www.protonic.com </h2>-=> Free technical support... hundreds of volunteers... good help for the novice user and even the most advanced computer geek

<h2> www.3dfiles.com </h2> -=> A good source for 3D demos, I found Jims Aquarium at this site

Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 06-23-2001, 01:39 PM   #2
thebard
Copperband Butterfly

Re: Hardware Troubleshooters

Thanks for those links. I have found www.pcpitstop.com a great site, they were first to alert me to hard drive problem that eventually brought my PC to its knees. And I'll never trust Scandisk again, I was doing it daily but it didn't keep critical system files out of bad sectors like it says. Guess I was naive!
thebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 05:53 PM   #3
Shinsa
Registered

You're welcome.

I hope others will post some sites too. I would like to have an entire collection of these to help troubleshoot problems.
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 06-24-2001, 02:22 PM   #4
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Thanks for the site pcpitstop. I didn't know about this one until now. Right now, I'm trying to find some good sites like this too. The only one that I know of that you didn't mention was www.zdnet.com which isn't too bad.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 05:56 PM   #5
Shinsa
Registered

This one has LOADS of utils/patches/tweaks for many more than just Voodoo. Even includes nVidia stuff!

www.voodoofiles.com/c/tools
Bob

Old 06-26-2001, 06:52 PM   #6
MegaHertz
Registered

Here are a few of my favorites:

<a href="http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/all-tips.shtml"> <h2>Windows-Help.NET</h2></a>
<a href="http://www.tweakfiles.com"> <h2>Tweakfiles</h2> </a>
<a href="http://www.tweak3d.net"> <h2>Tweak3d</h2> </a>
<a href="http://odin.prohosting.com/dllfiles/index.shtml"> <h2>Find Your Missing DLL Files Here!</h2> </a>
Hello...Welcome to the Police 9-1-1 Hotline..." If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you are codependant, ask someone to press 2. If you are a multiple personality, press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and we are tracing this call. If you are schizophrenic, a little voice will tell you what to do. If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which # you push it will be wrong anyway.
MegaHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive