Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

View Poll Results: What age group do u belong to?
Under 10 0 0%
10 ~ 15 2 1.63%
15 ~ 20 5 4.07%
20 ~ 25 18 14.63%
25 ~ 30 15 12.20%
30 ~ 35 22 17.89%
35 ~ 40 15 12.20%
40 ~ 45 14 11.38%
45 ~ 50 12 9.76%
50 ~ 55 7 5.69%
55 ~ 60 5 4.07%
Above 60 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #21
feldon34
Forum Administrator

vBulletin is our forum software. It's only major flaw is that it seemingly tosses its cookies periodically.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 10:54 PM   #22
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

I see this happenning usually in threads that contain a poll. Whenever someone casts a new vote, vBulletin marks that thread as being new, whether or not anyone has actually posted a new message.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:27 AM   #23
drfish
the Doc

That's what I've always assumed too.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:37 AM   #24
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I actually have a checkbox "Count votes in polls as a new reply."

I can set it either way.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I'm for the unchecking of aforementioned checkbox.

– Perhaps we could have a poll about it
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 03:54 PM   #26
apollo
Registered

I'm with Tiny on this....uncheck it....
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 04:42 PM   #27
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Basically it was set that way at the beginning to keep the polls at the top of the threads while people were interested in them. When people lose interest and stop voting they will go away. If the checkmark is removed, just voting will not change the position of the poll and it will get burried down the list somewhere. Unfortunately, it seems that most people don't go past the first page when looking at the forum, and this was an easy way to keep polls active and viewable for a few days.

I just checked my Admin. options and Morgan still has it checked. I don't think that we need a poll to find out if we need to change the poll settings, but a few more comments about which way people would prefer would be helpful.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:23 PM   #28
Lightfeather

Did anyone else find it funny that vBulletin 'tosses its cookies periodically'? ^_^
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:07 AM   #29
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Yes, LT, I thought that was a very clever comment from Morgan.

Michael, perhaps we could uncheck the box while making all polls STICKY?
Patrick
Old 05-23-2002, 06:51 AM   #30
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

patscarr,

Thought about that one also, but we have 7 sticky topics already, and I think there are 4 polls just within the first 2 forum pages. If we keep making sticky topics out of them then at least half the main page will end up being sticky topics with not much room left for new posts. Its one of those no win scenario's.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:29 AM   #31
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Hmmmmmmmmm. <-------- Patrick thinking very hard

I guess, leave it checked then.
Patrick
Old 07-05-2002, 03:19 AM   #32
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
I found the vote distribution r close to Normal Distribution Function....like the one in PDF(Possibility Density Function)
this is interesting....age between 30-35 and 20-25 has most of the vote...and these group has same as the age group who spend most of the time on Internet (according to the official statistic result from some magz in TW)....hehe...interesting
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:59 AM   #33
PaulsPics
Registered

you were looking for the over 60s , well I have just registered and would like to say I am going 67 and only started using PCs some 7 years ago, for accounting work. I still have the old 486 with what I thought was a nice fish screen saver, cartoon like, but with this newer PC when someone 'lent' me a copy of the sample Serene Screenm I had to have it , my disk has just arrived in the mail and I have added the Lion Fish, Your work , Jim , is incredible and just like a real tank, beats the hell out of ' flight sim even the new 2002 version. I would add that even at 67 I did not need to ask how to work installing your program or in the running, it is all plain sailing . It was a delight to use and I look forward to many hours of 'stress relief' Thanks from Paul in Australia .
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:47 AM   #34
cjmaddy
Registered

Welcome Paul,
Now there are at least 6 of us !
I think that cartoon-like fish screensaver would be 'After Dark' ... right ?
I really liked that at the time, - but having anything After Dark on your computer became a real pain, I seam to remember ?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:02 PM   #35
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I have the After Dark 10th Anniversary Edition CD. The only parts of After Dark that will run are the recent ones. So maybe 10% of the ones on there work.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:56 PM   #36
jelly
Registered

I find SereneScreen Aquarium to be the most realistic fish tank I've seen on the computer.

Unfortunately, since I installed it, I also installed a scanner which is incompatable with my processor but now the system does not recognize when I have a CD installed. As a result, I can't verify my right to have this product and upgrade to the version with the lion fish.

While I am digressing with a variety of comments scattered all over the board, let me ask how you folks set pictures of yourselves (I presume that's what they are) as avatars. The only options I saw while registering were related directly to the product.
--
Jim
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:58 AM   #37
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Jim, Nice to see that you'd like to join our non-faceless crowd of forum members!

Using an avatar image of your own isn't that difficult:

1. Click on the my settings button just below the SereneScreen Aquarium Fan Forum graphic at the top of the page.

2. Then select Edit Options and on the next page the Change Avatar att the bottom right.

3. Choose the image (60x60 pixels in size) to upload from your computer with the Browse button and make sure Yes is ticked to the right of Use custom avatar.

4. Complete the process by clicking on Submit Modifications.

/Tiny Avatar
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:20 AM   #38
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jelly,

You're also welcome to e-mail me a photo of yourself or other avatar image at any size and I will re-work it to fit the avatar space. Please remember to put your username "jelly" at the bottom of the e-mail.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:11 PM   #39
nadiaa
Registered

Embarassed

over 60...by just a bit. I am fairly mac literate and spend many hours with a new internet business each day. I was delighted to find the Serene Aquarium and this messsage board by accident. I have yet to figure out icons, graphics, etc connected to this post. I'll put some more time in on it tomorrow. nadiaa
Nadia and Mort
www.rockbottomcompany.com
Rock Bottom Company - Specially
selected products for the home,
kitchen, home health, safety,
emergencies, and much more.
nadiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:18 PM   #40
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

nadiaa,

Welcome to our forum, many have been here for quite some time. Alot of us are like family and have been around for quite awhile, hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to join us in the chatroom from time to time. If you have any questions feel free to send a PM to feldon23 or myself and we will be glad to help you, and once again, Welcome.

Last edited by Jav400; 11-18-2002 at 10:22 PM.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive