Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-29-2002, 06:52 PM   #21
Lightfeather

Feldon, where are all those carts hiding! Pretty high tech ^_~ The ones I am used to in California are wobbly wheeled squeakers and the most high tech thing about them is the little butt rest for a child so they don't get mish mash marks. ^_^
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Lightfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 08:45 AM   #22
apollo
Registered

Feldon, where are all those carts hiding! Pretty high tech
Yeah, Morgan I'm wondering the same as Lightfeather...what stores in the U.S. have such carts...thats the first I've heard of this....maybe I'm just behind the Times
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:02 AM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Guess it's a Houston thing. Especially in the not-so-well-to-do neighborhoods, people think the store's carts are their carts.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 07:04 AM   #24
Yellow Tang
YT

Tournaments Won: 1

I've never heard about such high-tech-carts too. Strange Houston... ;-)
Yellow Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 10:01 AM   #25
SunKing
Registered

Hmmmm...I live in Houston and I've never seen any high-tech carts. (Could someone be pulling our leg?)

We have a new grocery store in our area (Kroger) that just got all new carts. The most high-tech thing about them is the eurothane wheels (did I spell that correctly?) ...they're very quiet and roll nicely....but no electronics involved.

(PS - we also get the 'paper or plastic' question)
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:02 AM   #26
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

OK, since some moron at a local power company over here decided that it was a really smart thing to draw a backup power cable seven feet away from the regular one through a tunnel and then a fire took 'em both out, causing a power-failure in a major part of Stockholm (same thing happened in the same tunnel 14 months ago!) I've been offline for a couple of days (Still had power where I live though). Just thought I'd add that a mall a couple of miles from here uses that Houston high-tech solution. So I guess now it's Houston and Upplands-Väsby...

/Tiny Power
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 01:21 PM   #27
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You're really having fun with that avatar aren't you.

SunKing,

I wonder what part of town you're in. All the Krogers and HEBs I've seen have those carts. Maybe the mechanism is so small you haven't noticed. It's a little black and yellow cuff around one of the front two wheels of the cart.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:23 PM   #28
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Yup
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 05:57 PM   #29
SunKing
Registered

We should rename this the shopping cart thread.

Morgan, I live in Garden Oaks (just north of 610 loop between N.Shepherd and Ella). The next time I'm at the store I'll be checking out those carts.... ...and I expect people to look at me funny.
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive