Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-10-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
KCLYDE
Registered

Marine Aquarium DVD

I read an announcement awhile back about a DVD of the aquarium being released soon. Does anybody have any information on this?
KCLYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:53 AM   #2
apollo
Registered

Yeah... I was wondering the same thing....it was on the front of Prolific's web site for a short time...saying it was coming soon....but now it is gone.....What gives......Maybe Morgan or Jim can tell us what happened.....Is it on the back burner or is it altogether....
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The money is already spent having the DVD produced and I believe duplication has begun. I think it is simply a rollout issue.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, they are made. Prolific is just working on distribution issues.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
Derrek
Registered

But what is this? Is it a 2hr movie of the MA screensaver?
Derrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 12:13 PM   #6
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I think it's going to be several different compositions (lighting settings/live stock/bubble column and so on). At first I was: "Well who would ever want that?" but then I realised it could be handy for showing off your super-duper H/T or plasma screen without having to hook it up to a noisy/bulky/whatever computer.

Tiny H/T
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It is a multi-angle DVD of the Aquarium. You switch angles depending on what lighting you want.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 04-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #8
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

It is a multi-angle DVD of the Aquarium. You switch angles depending on what lighting you want.
Correct me if I'm wrong here Morgan/Jim, but "angles"??? I thought that you didn't want to use different camera angles in the MA because of the problems it might cause? I remeber that I had requested a couple of different camera angles LONG ago, but Jim said it wasn't ideal for how the MA is laid out because it could expose the backside of geometry, etc.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:46 PM   #9
Wizwad
Only me...

DL,
I suspect Morgan's not talking about angles within the aquarium itself - just DVD angles. e.g. Angle 1 has lights full on, angle 2 has full front lighting, dark back lighting, etc.. An innovative use of the technology, to use different DVD angles to give different screensaver settings!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional

Last edited by Wizwad; 04-12-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:49 PM   #10
FrogMastr
Agalychnis callidryas

DVD Aquarium...

One simple question... will also include the software on a DVD-ROM portion of the disk... so you can have it on your dvd player "AND" on your TV

Or could a "special" collector edition have all version.(major) of the screen saver on the disk... so we can see the evolution...

and with demos of other prolific products...

and with some extras like... author infos... pictures of where Jim is working ... etc...

Behind the glass infos
----
FrogMastr
FrogMastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:52 PM   #11
Jim Sachs
Developer

Derrick had it pretty much right - just a couple of hours of the Aquarium running on a Mac. You guys are not the target audience for this product.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #12
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Do the fish change? Or is there a way to still pick the setups and fish that you like?
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #13
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Digital Lungfish
Correct me if I'm wrong here Morgan/Jim, but "angles"??? I thought that you didn't want to use different camera angles in the MA because of the problems it might cause? I remeber that I had requested a couple of different camera angles LONG ago, but Jim said it wasn't ideal for how the MA is laid out because it could expose the backside of geometry, etc.
***THUNK!!!***

**Dropping a DVD player user's manual on Steve's head.**

Old 04-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: DVD Aquarium...

Originally posted by FrogMastr
One simple question... will also include the software on a DVD-ROM portion of the disk... so you can have it on your dvd player "AND" on your TV
So few people use DVD-ROM features. Basically, the DVD version is for people who rarely/never use the PC version, and vice versa. Giving away a $20 product on the DVD seems a bit foolish and the knowledge that this can be done would probably be advertised over the net, hurting sales of the regular Aquarium. Why get the Aquarium when you can get the Aquarium AND a DVD for $20?
Old 04-13-2003, 10:59 PM   #15
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

***THUNK!!!***

**Dropping a DVD player user's manual on Steve's head.**
What?!?!? Were the angles I was referring to different than DVD angles? I have a DVD player, but to be perfectly honest I've never used the angle feature that's built into the DVD player. The angles that first came to mind for me were camera angles as was previously discussed on the forum. So I take it by the now rather large flat spot on my head (thanks Morgan) that I was entirely off base?
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 04:05 AM   #16
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Digital Lungfish
So I take it by the now rather large flat spot on my head (thanks Morgan) that I was entirely off base?
If you look out of the porthole on your right you will notice Jupiter as you cruise past. Notable features of Jupiter are...

Way, way off base!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 11:55 AM   #17
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The DVD angle button is often described as a camera angle button. Nowhere is it written that this button must be used this way!

On several DVDs I've seen so far, you use the angle button to transition between pencil tests/storyboards, the blue-screen footage, footage after they have pasted in some special effects, footage after they have put in the rest of the special effects and/or done digital cleanup.

With all this said, I'm not actually sure that the Aquarium DVD uses multiple angles.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #18
seglesto
Percula Clownfish

Morgan,
You've actually been watching the DVD extras on your Disney/Pixar movies, haven't you?
Steve
seglesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 11:05 PM   #19
Jim Sachs
Developer

The Aquarium DVD has none of those fancy features.
Jim Sachs
Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 AM   #20
MadBob
Guitar Man

so basically if I run the Screensaver out through the TV connector on my Video Card, and record this onto a DVD I will have the same thing?
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive