Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 10-17-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
bl8ant
Registered

Unhappy goldfish for OS X update?

when when when when when? we want it now!!!
bl8ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:32 PM   #2
Michael Babin
Mac Development

We're working on it. No dates to announce at this time.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #3
bl8ant
Registered

ok, as long as its happening, thanks a LOT! love your work, b
bl8ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:06 AM   #4
mrtew
Registered

Is it going to be all goldfish, or will there be tropical fish available too? I was hoping for Ciclids and Loaches and Gobys and Catfish etc. I used to hear it referred to as the Freshwater Aqaurium, but now people are calling it just goldfish. Was there an announcement as to a change of direction?
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:58 AM   #5
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Goldfish Aquarium and Freshwater Aquarium are two separate products. Goldfish Aquarium is the work of a team at Prolific (not including Jim Sachs) and contains, at this time, several types of goldfish. Freshwater Aquarium is the work of Jim Sachs. You can follow the conversations about each one on other forums at this site.

Goldfish Aquarium for the PC has reached version 1.0 and is currently shipping. We have the code and are working on a version for the Mac at this time.

Freshwater Aquarium is still a work in progress and has not yet reached the beta testing stage. We are very interested in creating a Mac version of this product.
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:18 AM   #6
mrtew
Registered

Wow! I had no idea! That Goldfish Aquaruim looks really cool, but the Shark one is REALLY exciting! I sure hope that one comes to the Mac before I am too old to see my computer screen anymore. Sorry to be getting so sarcastic, but this waiting is feeling interminable.
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

GF is more than just a marginal amount of work above MA. For GF I am reworking our architecture to use the graphics hardware more because GF is much more demanding computationally. A side benefit is that MA will be able to run with much less of the CPU if the right graphics hardware is present, so those who use it as a desktop pattern will pay less of a penalty. This could also help Powerbook users keep the fan off. MA should also benefit in other ways.

GF also uses higher resolution textures, so the work for GF will enable us to do a high res MA with almost no (engineering) effort after GF is finished.

Mac users had to wait YEARS for MA. The wait for GF and follow on products will be much shorter and get shorter yet with each product.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive