Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-18-2003, 09:43 PM   #1
feldon34
Forum Administrator

*** SS Marine Aquarium 2.0 Release! ***

This is the discussion thread for the
SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 RELEASE announcement.

<center><table border=1 width="92%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 bgcolor=000075>
<tr><td><center><b>SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 has been released!</b></center>

If you are a registered forum member, you have already received an e-mail with your new MA2.0 keycode and instructions on where to download it.

If you are are not a forum member but have registered at the Inside: SereneScreen Fan Site, you will receive an e-mail on Wednesday with your new MA2.0 keycode and instructions on where to download it.

Everyone else will be getting their MA2.0 keycodes over the next couple of weeks.</td></tr>
</table></center>

All download version purchasers of the Aquarium from .996 through 1.1.2 are entitled to a free upgrade to MA2.0 for the next 90 days. After that time, if you purchased the Aquarium after February 22nd, 2002, the upgrade will be $5.95.

If you purchased the PC or Mac Aquarium retail boxed version, you will be able to upgrade to MA2.0 for $5.95. This upgrade will be available at SereneScreen.com soon.

The 3D background will still be a free upgrade (subject to an as yet undetermined future purchase deadline?). 'Regular' fish that Jim produces would probably be free upgrades as well.

Fish produced/created by Prolific and Creature Packs by Jim S. will cost extra.

<center><table width="92%" border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 bgcolor=113B5A>
<tr><td><center><b>Monitor Negotation</b></center>

Marine Aquarium 2.0 accesses DirectX using all the correct/documented function calls as prescribed by Microsoft. This may result in an increased number of "clicks" of the relay in your monitor as this negotiation is taking place, especially if you are running your display in 32 bit color and the Aquarium is set to 16 bit color.

One solution is to set the Aquarium to also run in 32-bit color and/or your Desktop Resolution.

If you are experiencing more than 6 clicks and you feel it is a serious issue, please e-mail me.

The Aquarium has been tested on hundreds of systems, so this should be not be a widespread issue.</td></tr>
</table></center>
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 02-08-2011 at 08:29 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:45 PM   #2
skypx
Dual Xeon

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
skypx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:48 PM   #3
cimeboat
Registered

Just installed it and the new fish are excellent. I like the fish selection feature and the 32 bit option. Getting 60 fps!!!
cimeboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #4
Franklin J. Flocks
Registered

What's the exact URL to get it? - I've got Version 1.1
Franklin J. Flocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:50 PM   #5
55MHz
Registered

Works a LOT smoother with my Video Card (gf2 pci). Plus like the new fish very much. Everithing else is good so far. Good job Jim and the rest!

p.s. can anyone point out thread where it says how to change log on ss for xp. i know ive seen it somewhere but cant find it... thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-your ad could be here-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
55MHz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:53 PM   #6
Ricordia
Reef Keeper

Wow! I had missed the announcement for this new version, so the e-mail was a complete surprise to me. The SS runs great, I'm running it at 1600x1200x32bits, Windows XP Pro SP1, Athlon XP 1800+ with 1gb DDRam, nVidia GeForce3 Ti500, and I'm getting between 65 and 75 fps. This version seems to jump through a much larger fps range than the original version did, but the result is a much smoother ride. I like it! The extra fish are really nice too, although I'd like to see my favorite tang, an Achillies, in the list of fish eventually.

Ricordia
www.ricosweb.com\ReefTank.asp
Ricordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #7
dvtrap
Registered

Just installed V2.0.....very nice indeed....the new fish are beautiful and everything is working fine......nice work...and thanks for the free upgrade....this is one fine program and forum.....
dvtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #8
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

dv,

For our part, thank you very much
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #9
Leviathan
Siamese Fighting Fish

I just downloaded this version, my monitor stutters and flashed for about 5 seconds before the screensaver comes on. I am running an Athlon 750 with a geforce2 mx 200, I have had no problem running the older demo version. Any ideas?
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #10
FrogMastr
Agalychnis callidryas

Thumbs Down WOW!

I am amazed by the New LioFish .. with moving mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! you made my day... now the fish a really getting alive!

It's alive. alliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
----
FrogMastr
FrogMastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #11
FrogMastr
Agalychnis callidryas

Cool behave ...

Does MA2 include some kind of fish individuality?
----
FrogMastr
Old 03-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #12
BBlock
Registered

I am having the same problem---screen stays black and stutters a little for approx 5 secs. before it comes on---runs great after that!
I am running an AMD Duron 800 with a Radeon 7000
All the other versions of the SS including MAT worked perfectly.
BBlock
BBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:47 PM   #13
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Umm Frog, the Lionfish has been that way for awhile. What version were you running?
Old 03-18-2003, 10:50 PM   #14
FrogMastr
Agalychnis callidryas

Smile behave ...

Oups my bad... looking at my last version MAT also has that ... did not noticed
----
FrogMastr
Old 03-18-2003, 10:50 PM   #15
BBlock
Registered

Well--I just went back up the page and found the notice about monitor negotiation which explains the behavior I am seeing. Somehow missed it at first.
BBlock
BBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:53 PM   #16
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

There is a poll for people to speak out about this, PLEASE go there and cast your vote.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:54 PM   #17
snorkler
Registered

Angry

Excellent! and thanks!
This is for all the "low end" graphics people like myself. I have integrated graphics on a Gateway. The previous version ran at ~30 fps and looked good to me. This version also runs at ~30 fps and looks good, however, this version runs the same fps if I have all the fish and bubbles enabled or only 3 fish and no bubbles. Just an observation since I did not really see any difference at 40 fps on the older version with bubbles and some fish off. Only a couple of "clicks" at start.
Love the new fish, especially redfin butterfly!
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:55 PM   #18
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
the new fish looks really good, just hope someday they can breath freely with thier gills

All purchasers of the Aquarium from .996 through 1.1.2 are entitled to a free upgrade to MA2.0 for the next 90 days.
I was very surprised when I got the email with keycode, I tot I need to pay $5 b4 I got the keycode(and I'm willing to!), thx for the new decision, however, I'm wondering how the system detect me (upgrade)/(input the key code) b4 or after 90 days? if the program check the date when I input the key code with its release day, then what if someday after 90 days I reinstalled my OS and reinstalled the MA2 then iniput my keycode, is my keycode still valid that time?

Another thing is I notice there's a wireframe layout of the crystal althoguh I don't see a crystal there but the coral, does that mean MA2 actually embbed MAT together? if I input the MAT keycode into MA2, will I get MAT too?

or is there any keycode that activate both MA2 and MAT together and the user could turn on/off the crystal in the setting or something like that?
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:56 PM   #19
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

very nice padner!! love it as always great work
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #20
Franklin J. Flocks
Registered

I haven't gotten any email as to how to download although
it appears that others have. I bought my version of 1.0 at
Fry's and never had a keycode but upgraded to 1.1 by downloading the trial version of 1.1 with my CD in my computer.
Can I do this with the trial version of 2.0? - I have been trying
to download it for the past hour and 1/2 but I keep getting
dumped off about halfway through the download.
Franklin J. Flocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive