Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
Notices

Old 09-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #1
Frank-N-Stein
Registered

Exclamation New Ideas for Future Upgrades

Hello to everybody:

My name is Robert E. Frank and in Mexico City (Sorry for my rough English, since I’m a Spanish Native Speaker, I’ll try to write my ideas as clearly as possible).

Firstly, I would like to thank all people who made possible this ScreenSaver and to allow me to express a pair of ideas that I have in mind.

Although this Screensaver is one of the best ones I've ever had, There's still is a lot of work to do and a lot of things can be improved.

One of the first things that must be implemented, is a "Collision System", since there are occasions in which the sharks "cross" each others without the minimum reaction.

I think that it would be very interesting to see that it happens if something greater than they approached and the sharks tried to flee just like in real life.

Another thing, is that the sharks are never "hungry", since although fish exist, the sharks never eat and they only swim along. (an alive tank would be cool)

Recently, I read the FAQ of the program and believe that a solution for the people who wants more animals on their screens is a "Hardware Detector".

It could be added and allow the people who have more powerful computers to automatically add a greater amount of "fishes" in the screen. (This actually is not so difficult to program).

But also it would be necessary to put limits, since It wont be credible the fact to have 100+ animals in screen at the same time.

Also the sharks's skins needs to be improved, because sometimes big aquare píxels can be watched when they swim near the monitor.

In addition, we must not forget the subject related to the "Automatic System Lights".

Good.... That is everything at the moment related to the improvements to the system.

As far as animals goes, I would like to propose new adittions to the available Sharks,

1.- Whale Shark
2.- Fox Shark (I just love its long tail) A.K.A Thresher Shark
3.- Basking Shark (Cetorhinus Maximus)
4.- Also to the different species from Shark Hammer (8 altogether) their differences are few, but that would give variety to the aquarium... (Annexed an image with some of the different types that exists).

Within the hammerhead family, several species are differentiated from each other by variations within the cephalophoil.

The scalloped hammerhead (S. lewini) is distinguished as a smaller species with a rounded anterior margin and notch on the head. The smooth hammerhead (S. zygaena) has a broad, flat unnotched head. The smaller bonnethead (S. tiburo) is much easier to identify with a shovel-shaped head.

Another distinguishing characteristic of the great hammerhead is the curved rear margins on the pelvic fins while the scalloped hammerhead has straight posterior edges.

5.- Remoras (Real Life Sharks carry those little buggers )

In short, I hope that you can take my suggestions for real and add them later.

Greetings

Robert

P.D. By the way peple What kind of Sharks would you like to see in future releases? Please share your comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hammerhad_types.jpg (60.9 KB, 181 views)
Frank-N-Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #2
enigma63941
Registered

I'm still waiting for a fix to the lighting bug .
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

I like them all.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Hi Robert -- Your English is excellent. I like your note and presentation of alternative sharks. Your pictures are cool. You can almost see from your pictures where the embryo development changed according to the gene combination for the different species. Thank you. I will not be commenting much as I do not have this screensaver but as member of the forum, I welcome you.

Minn

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep