Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
Notices

Old 04-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
b737
Registered

My observations and thoughts on Shark!

Hey everyone...love this screensaver. I've always been fascinated by sharks...love shark week. so this is right up my alley.

OK, I sat and watched the screenie for approx. 3 hrs today..both in the open ocean and fantasy. My personal favorite is the fantasy. Just a little too open and not much else on th ocean one. After watching the sharks for awhile..got a little bored on the open ocean screenie and often went back to the fantasy tank.

Ok, sorry for the long post but here goes. Apologize if some are repeats.

1. Nose shape on the tiger doesn't look quite right. think it should be rounded more.

2.Hopefully, eye/gill movement soon.

3.Great Whiteefinetely, needs a beefier looking tail. The color looks brownish to me. GW's have a definete gray/white contrast Overall shape is really good as well as the teeth.

4.Would be nice to see the reef fish dart out of the way when the shark swims close.

5.Blue Shark: I feel the shape should be more sleeker looking; sharper pointing nose..and more bluer tint. All the blues I'v seen both on TV and in the wild..are so blue and shimmery looking under water...as well as looking from the surface.

6.Hammerhead: I think it's the most realistic of all. Just needs to have teeth.

7.Bull shark: Biggest thing I noticed...teeth really stand out..possibly contrast then a little...looks like it has a chesire cat smile...very noticable..at least to me.

8 Mako: great job capturing the sleekness and menacingness of this shark. I agree with others...needs random speed bursts...otherwise great.

9Black Tip: Nose looks wsomewhat to puggish..feel it should be rounded a little...I know the black tip has a unique nose shape..but feel this is too defined.

10 ALL SHARKS:Hopefully, at some point have a little pectoral fin movement...take a little away on the sometime noticeable riding on a rail look. More realistic movement in relation to sharks actions. Example..several times I noticed as the shark coasted into view...without any tail movement it seemed to accelerate ..and then the tail would move
Speaking of tail...i realize you have the sharks angling the tail for the turn. But one thing I noticed...sometimes after they turn and swimming straight..the tail will just swish on one side..in other words no side to side movement.

Finally, on all the sharks...the perspective doesn't quite seem right regarding the size and swimming area of the sharks. Example...the great white was right up next to the screen(ie large as it could be) and the blue shark was swimming slightly behind it(ie more towrds the reef) and they both looked the same size based on position and perspective...the blue need to be smaller in comparison. May be difficult to do anything about..just my observation.

11. ScreenSaver: I agree with everyone the lights should be brighter. I'm running on a viewsonic monitor, with the ultra brite thingy. In order to really see stuff well...I have to turn on the ultra brite feature.

Finally, guys and gals. Just my personal opinion. I think the name "Shark,terror from the deep" exudes visions of a monster movie. After researching and studying sharks..especially with the shark week series on discovery channel...we've found out these are more fascinating creatures more so than fearful creatures. Even Peter Benchly the author of JAWS regrets the impression he gave of the Great White after writing the book and understanding them better. So, with that said...I'm fairly dissatisfied with the name of the screensaver...based on what the person is viewing. Now if you want to have divers and other things attacked and bloodbaths ensue..then the name is perfect. But, for this screensaver I feel it's too harsh. Personally, I feel that a great name for this product was simply be SHARK! Simple, but still conveys the essence of the potential dangers and predetory nature of being around sharks. Ok folks off my soapbox. Sorry, for some repeats..but hopefully I contributed some as well. Thanks for listening.
Dave
b737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Now this person knows their sharks. They notice things that completely went right over my head. Good job of observation.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Sharks: Terrors of the Deep