Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-25-2003, 11:01 PM   #1
sorelosr
Registered

Big Grin Jim, please fix TMA

I just got the TMA Great job as always, I have a concern that only you can fix...I run my screensaver on my computer at work it has spawned multiple purchases from the people around work but now when it runs if you hit the space bar and choose register it shows My keycode, not real hard for someone to copy down and pirate your screensaver. Is it possible to block them out some how??
Yhanks
Shawn
sorelosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Prolific is looking into the best way to handle the Key Codes. One of the most time consuming customer-service issues was teaching the user how to find their Key Code. Now it may be a bit too easy, but they will find a happy medium.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
sorelosr
Registered

thanks

Thanks, I guess until then I'll just run 1.1
sorelosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:31 PM   #4
Socrates
Sage

Has Prolific considered an activation security system? Like QuickBooks or XP products?
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Reason #204910 why I won't use XP. They think there is a "Property of Microsoft" stamp on my whole computer, not just the part that is their OS.

I have to say the mechanism in use by WordZap is quite effective. If the key you entered is not in the customer database on the home site, the product runs for about 10 seconds. If you disconnect your internet and WZ has never been authenticated with their server, you can use it for about 30 seconds.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
codgio
Registered

1 Highscore

I really don't have a problem with the Activation feature on XP. I can't blame companies, even microsoft from trying anything to avoid piracy. Who knows if it works, but it certainly hasn't caused me any hassle.
Remember what the doormouse said...
codgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:01 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I had an another episode with XP today. I wanted to throw my dad's laptop across the room and watch it shatter into tiny pieces.

I need to write a book on why XP is a giant step backward in computing. I have had few viceral reactions this strong to a piece of software. XP fits into a small group shared by Quark XPress and the animation keyer in 3D Studio Max. 3D Studio Max is pretty snifty, until you start trying to animate. Then it's time to get out the diapers.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #8
MadBob
Guitar Man

Holy Sh*t I hadn't noticed the license number !!!!! glad I was warned about tha one
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive