Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-14-2003, 02:28 AM   #1
KeyserSoze
Registered

Big Grin trouble with the sound

I have the new version (2.0) and i have no sound. Everything else works perfectly but the sound (no bubble sounds). I read the FAQ but with no success. I checked to see if sound was enabled and can't figure out what the problem is. I've updated the sound card drivers. I am running Windows XP. Plz help anyone.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Seems like you've already checked all the usual suspects. Have you tried all 3 settings (Always On, When Active, and OFF)? Nothing happens when you hit the 'b" key?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Please look here:

Start menu -> Settings -> Control Panels -> Sounds and Multimedia -> Hardware tab -> Audio Codecs -> Properties button -> Properties tab.

You should have IMA ADPCM Audio CODEC and Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC listed. If not, then you need to reinstall these.

Go to Add Hardware -> Add new device -> I will choose the device -> Sound, video and game controllers.

Click Have Disk.

Click Browse in the Install From Disk dialog box and open the folder C:\Windows\System32 or C:\WINNT\System32\.

You should see mmdriver.inf. Select it and click Open.

Click OK in the Install From Disk dialog box.

If you see a warning about logo compatibility, just click Continue anyway.

Now you should finally see a list of audio codecs. Amongst the other items, you should find Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec. You need to install them one by one so select either of these and click Next. This should re-install the codec (you may need your Windows XP CD and might need to restart the computer before the codec works). Repeat the procedure for each codec for which you need support.

EDIT: This answer has been updated using information from here.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 08-05-2003 at 04:09 PM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:18 AM   #4
KeyserSoze
Registered

Thanks to all who helped me with my problem. Ultimately, I just reformatted my harddrive (it was about time anyway) and everything works perfectly now. Anyway, thanks again for looking at my problem.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive