Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
albert
Registered

Why 2 entries of MD?

Installed the MD upgrade. After installation it told me to put my original CD in the slot and it registered the software. But for some reason I have 1 entrie of the old SereneScreen, and 2 additional entries labeled MD. I did install to a different (the recommended) directory so I would expect the old and the new, but not 2 listing of the new MD ???

I am running the latest WinXP Professional.
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:58 AM   #2
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Entries? listings? Where? Please describe your problem specifically, my guess is you are talking about the listing of screensaver in the display propoerties?

Well, I think this is the installer's bug which has been known long ago, starting from MAv1.0, whenever you install it, if you check the "Set SereneScreen Marine Aquarium as default screensaver" checkbox in the install wizard, the result is duplicated entries in the drop down menu of screensavers.

I don't what cause it, I remember someone brought this issue up before but it seems Prolific never get it fixed. It also happens to Goldfish Aquarium.

the turn around solution is not to check that checkbox when installing...

I'm also using WinXP Pro...
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:32 AM   #3
albert
Registered

Yes I am talking about the list of screen savers on the system in the Display Properties/Screen Savers tab window. I made SereneScreen as the non-active screen saver and rebooted and the problem was fixed. If it is the active screen saver and you reboot I don't think the problem gets fixed. Maybe it is a Windows problem, not sure.
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
James

I think that's registry's problem, once it has been setted as default SS by the installer at the begining, you'll always get double entries whenever u set it as default SS, my way of fixing it permernately is to uninstall the thing completely, then install again BUT DO NOT check the "Set SereneScreen Marine Aquarium as default screensaver" checkbox, then u can have single entries whenever it's dfault or non-default SS
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Old 03-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This sounds like a bug to be addressed, though it's not one I've faced.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #6
James

Originally posted by feldon28
This sounds like a bug to be addressed, though it's not one I've faced.
This bug has been discovered long ago and brought up before, but somehow, it get blured focus when other serious bugs came up....

The samething happen to GA too, I dunno about shark though....but if they use the same installer, then it probably has the same bug
James C Chen
HTC Corporation
www.htc.com
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive