Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Polcamilla
Registered

Quad G5 - MA2 Install Woes

I just got a new Quad G5 running 10.4.3 and I transfered everything over. Marine Aquarium 2 is giving me fits, however. I entered my keycode (it requires the CD for MA1, which I put in the drive) and it lets me click 'Okay' but then doesn't recognise it as registered, so I only get 3 fish, etc.

Because I was overtired/overenthusiastic, I forgot that I'd upgraded to MA2 and even tried repurchasing the upgrade version, so now I've got another keycode to try which *also* didn't work.

Help! I miss my fishies!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Polcamilla,

The migration assistant doesn't correctly move over the keycode file, and it sticks in the craw of Marine Aquarium. Please go to the root level /Library/Preferences/ folder and remove all of the com.prolific files, empty the trash and reregister in the registration pane of the preferences (no need to purchase new keycodes).
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...0&postcount=68

This link explains another way of accomplishing the same thing.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
Polcamilla
Registered

Hey thanks! That worked splendidly!

I knew I didn't have to repurchase the keycode. I just got confused as to whether I'd already upgraded or not (which I had) and when I realised the error, figured that it's a great product so I don't mind an extra contribution.
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Hopefully an AppleScript can be made available to the community that repairs the necessary permissions.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive