Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
CareBear81
Registered

Big Grin Having problems ...

I just got my screen saver today. Well, it moves really slow! I charged to get the latest version of DirectX to see if maybe that was the problem but that didn't help. Also, the bubbles don't even look like bubbles. They looks like 2 or 3 white lines going up and down. Can anybody help me with this?
*Jo Ann
CareBear81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I saw you come in the chatroom but you didn't say anything. You're welcome to come in and ask any questions you have and we can interactively work through problems like this (though it's midnight so I'll probably be asleep soon ).

What kind of computer is this? How old is it?
What version of Windows are you running?
Do you know what kind of video card it has?
Are you running Microsoft NetMeeting?
Are you running any other 3D applications at the same time like 3D Studio Max or Lightwave?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 11:09 PM   #3
CareBear81
Registered

For some reason when I went into the chat room I didn't see anybody. I didn't see that anyone was in there. Maybe something is messed up. Who knows. It said there were "0 Chatters" so I left. Anywho, I just got this laptop. It's a Dell Latitude LS and I'm running Windows XP. As for as the video card, I don't even know how to check that. Also, I am not running Net meeting or any other 3D applications at this time. I am running AIM and Kazaa. That's it. Thanks for replying back. I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by feldon27
I saw you come in the chatroom but you didn't say anything. You're welcome to come in and ask any questions you have and we can interactively work through problems like this (though it's midnight so I'll probably be asleep soon ).

What kind of computer is this? How old is it?
What version of Windows are you running?
Do you know what kind of video card it has?
Are you running Microsoft NetMeeting?
Are you running any other 3D applications at the same time like 3D Studio Max or Lightwave?
*Jo Ann
Old 09-07-2003, 11:43 PM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

CB joined me in the chat.

After much research, we determined the problem. It seems that NeoMagic strikes again.

The Dell Latitude LS comes with a NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV (3+ years old) and won't do Direct3D.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 09-08-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

One more reminder to everybody - Download and try it before you buy!
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:52 AM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

He didn't buy it.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:44 AM   #7
CareBear81
Registered

Angry

I tried it on my other computer (desktop) before I put it on my laptop. My friend had the program and he thought I would like it so he gave it to me. I didn't think there would be any problems if I put it on my laptop. I still have my desktop but I gave it to my dad. LOL. So I'm gonna see what I can do in the next couple of days. I loved the way it looked on my desktop. I would really like to have it on my laptop. It looks soooo cool !
*Jo Ann
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive