Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-14-2003, 02:15 AM   #1
CareBear81
Registered

Big Grin Having problems ... again ...

Okay. The screen saver that my friend bought and let me have that didn't work on my Dell laptop, well I decided to put it on my other computer which is a Gateway. I'm running Win XP and everything is moving really slow. The video card is EV700 on Intel(r) 82815 Graphics Controller. Can anyone help me with this?

* Jo Ann
*Jo Ann
CareBear81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:38 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

When you start the Aquarium, go into Settings (press the SPACE bar) and set it to 16-bit color and 800x600.

The 815 graphics controller is a rather anemic chipset but you should still be able to get relatively smooth graphics (about 20 frames per second).

Unfortunately, to get 3D graphics to run smoothly on a computer, a bit of money has to spent. It used to cost $100 or more for a good 3D card. Now they can be had for $30 or so.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:42 AM   #3
CareBear81
Registered

Thanks a bunch for the info. I had one last thing to say. I noticed that the trial version worked perfect for me. But when I actually put the full version on my puter that's when it started working slow.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:16 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

The "trial version" and "full version" are the same program. When a Key Code is typed in, all of the features are unlocked. This means that 7 fish can appear onscreen instead of just 3. If your graphics card is extremely low on video memory, the extra fish might be enough to use it all up and make it switch to Emulation Mode.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:38 PM   #5
CareBear81
Registered

Embarassed

Okay, I went ahead and changed my settings. My screen saver is working great! I love it! Thanks everyone for helping!

* Jo Ann
*Jo Ann
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive