Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-05-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
CDV
Registered

Aquarium on mobile VIA ProSavage KN133?

Hello there.
I am new to both the Aquarium and this forum, and was wondering if (and how well) the laptop I am planning to buy will be able to use this fabulous program.
My future laptop is a Compaq Presario 701 --- one with a Duron 950Mhz, 256Mbs PC133 SDRAM, 14 TFT and, more importantly a "VIA ProSavage KN133" AGP video card using the ever-so unpopular Shared Memory Architecture setup.
I know that Aquarium is supposed to run on mobile SavageMX machines, but in this case, it is the "Shared Memory" part that has me woried (does mobile SavageMX share its memory too?)

thanks in advance for your input!

PS: Other info such as game performance of the afformentioned system would also be welcome.. My (kind of old) main system has been a PentiumII-450 with a RivaTNT1 card (the one with the uncrippled memory bandwith --- not Vanta or M64). Do you think the new laptop will outperform it, Aquarium and games-wise?
CDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:48 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Can you give us a pricerange on how much you can afford to spend on a laptop.

I get closer to heaven every time I save someone from the Compaq nightmare.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
Socrates
Sage

Feldon is right.

Compaq sucks. There is no way around it.

Their products are poorly designed, poorly tested, and even more poorly supported.
Bat rays? We don't need no stinking bat rays!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive