Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-18-2003, 02:13 AM   #1
Cyndrax
Registered

Cool Does This Look Familiar?

I was browsing today looking for some new themes for my Pocket PC and the following came up. Does this look familiar to anyone (dialup users beware, the link is ~140K).

http://www.brainsinaknot.com/holding/aquarium.jpg

My goal is not to advertise this, merely to bring it to the attention of people here. If this is unwise, would a moderator please PM me or edit this post.

Brian
Cyndrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:39 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Wow. – And out comes the lawyer cavalry (I hope)

/Tiny Theft
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:13 AM   #3
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
this is definetly a snatch...
so what do u think after u download this?
it state it has 10 themes, does MA is one of the theme?
I guess all 10 themes are rip-oof from somewhere else....
it also state it can rotate? it sounds like the scene can be rotated?
even Jim's proposed 3D can only pan but not rotate..
I don't beleive a small prog like that can do extreamly well 3D scene rotation
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:36 AM   #4
Cyndrax
Registered

I didn't actually download it, however the ad was animated, and several of the fish were moving.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, we've seen this and a couple of others. These guys also rip off some major companies, so we usually just turn them in and let the guys with big legal teams go after them.

Prolific has someone working on a legitimate PocketPC version.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:26 AM   #6
Cyndrax
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs Prolific has someone working on a legitimate PocketPC version.
Man, I should just direct deposit a portion of my paycheck into Prolific's bank account with all the things I need to buy from them...
Old 06-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #7
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Cyndrax
Man, I should just direct deposit a portion of my paycheck into Prolific's bank account with all the things I need to buy from them...
Hee! Yeah, me too! And if Prolific succeeds in bringing out a PocketPC version (great news!) I might just have to go and buy a Pocket PC as well to put it on!

/Tiny Sucker (with apologies )
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 09:19 AM   #8
abeery
Developer

I can tell you that the Prolific Pocket PC product will come as close to the PC version in quality as the platform can support. If you have not done so I encourage everyone to visit Jim Sachs website where he discusses the passion to realism in the Serene product line. The Serene PPC version will ultimately meet this standard (not quite there yet but getting closer) or it will not be released. Hopefully Jim has seen (or will see shortly) the preliminary version and will be able to attest that although not yet ready for prime time -- it is not the cheesy ripoff pictured above.
abeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:21 AM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Nope - haven't seen it yet. The last I heard, Reichart was still trying to get an NDA off to you.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:12 AM   #10
drfish
the Doc

How did I miss this thread? I didn't even know it was here when I posted my "Another Rip Off" thread, I guess the name disguised my ignorance... Anyway, sweet! I can't wait to see it! Is it going to be a today screen like the rip offs out there, or will it take up the whole screen when you run it? I ask because I know how Jim feels about cluttering things on top of it... Last question, additional cost or covered by buying before 1.0?
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:01 AM   #11
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Probably a separate product, Doc.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
abeery
Developer

MAPPC

It is a full screen application (hides window decorations) and displays a clock with optional date. Designed to function as "Cradleware" art. Tapping the Clock opens up the schedule application and exposes the start menu so you can quickly get to other applications. Once you close them the marine aquarium is still there. Should be seeing it shortly
abeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #13
drfish
the Doc

Sweet! Price???
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive