Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #1
jMc
Registered

Unhappy Keycode from www.disking.co.uk

Hi folks!

Hmmm.....Jim you might want to get in touch with your UK distributor disking.com, because they're still giving out keycodes for v1.1 of MA even though they're advertising MA v2.
I ordered my keycode this morning from Disking and was happy to see it arrive quite quickly, I fired up MA, put it in the keycode and was treated to "The Keycode you entered appears to be for an older version. To determine why your keycode might not be valid......."

So I visited the Serenescreen site and clicked on the "Upgrade to 2.0" link, put in my email address and keycode and was informed of the following: "The E-Mail address [My Address] was not found in our database." Arrrrgh!!!!

Probably a daft question but should I get in touch with Tech support about this, or can someone of the forums help out with this problem?

Last edited by jMc; 05-07-2003 at 09:52 AM.
jMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Prolific will look into it.

Why did you buy from Disking and not from us?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
jMc
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs

Why did you buy from Disking and not from us?
Hi Jim,
I was actually on the site looking for hardware when I noticed the MA ad......it was a spot of impulse buying. Do you lose out on $$$ if people buy from elsewhere?

Will someone from Prolific get in touch with me about my keycode or should I email tech support Mr.S?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:29 PM   #4
jMc
Registered

Oh Dung!

I've just double-checked Disking.com and they're still hosting v1.1 of SereneScreen! My apologies! Ok, so that means that I need to upgrade my keycode to v2.0, can anyone help me with this because, as I previously stated, the form at this URL http://www.serenescreen.com/support/regupgrade.php isn't recognising my email address/v1.1 keycode?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

jMc - I'll forward your request to Customer Support. They will probably need you to email a copy of the Disking reciept. I'm not sure how (or if) the customers' email addresses from Disking get into the Prolific database, but I'll find out.

Yes, we lose money when you don't buy directly from us. We have set up partnerships with several companies abroad to manufacture and sell the local CD version of the program, so that the heavy import tariffs can be avoided. I don't know how this morphed into the idea of them selling the on-line version, since we can do that from here.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-07-2003, 01:19 PM   #6
jMc
Registered

They will probably need you to email a copy of the Disking reciept.
Should I fill out the form here with the details Jim, or is there an email address you could supply for me to email them direct?

Yes, we lose money when you don't buy directly from us.
I'll make a note of that for future purchases

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:34 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, I found out that the Disking database is not shared by Prolific. Once you buy from Disking, you are their customer, and they are supposed to handle your upgrades and customer service.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #8
jMc
Registered

Ok Jim, thanks for that information. I've sent them an email to see if they're planning on giving their v1.1 customers a v2.0 keycode.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:37 PM   #9
jMc
Registered

I completely forgot about this post - sorry to drag it up again! I just thought I'd let you know that this issue has now been resolved
Old 06-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Glad to hear it!
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive